I've always Liked you (Norman Gorman)

"Hey, Norman!" I say waving as I pass him in the halls. "Eep!" He jumps turning around away from me, curling in on himself. He starts mumbling something but I can't quite hear what it is.

"Oops sorry, Norman. I just wanted to say, I like your sweater. Um anyway, have a good day." I say awkwardly before walking away.

You see, I have a few classes with Norman, this really shy guy who is a part of the math squad. And ok, yeah maybe I have a bit of a crush on him despite never having a conversation with him. What? He's cute when he's not being scared to talk to people.

He normally finishes work in class before everyone else. And I sit next to him, so when I'm finished I tend to watch him daydream looking out the window.

And when he's doing his math stuff he's just a completely different person. He just sorta glows, it's amazing.

I feel really bad that he doesn't have any confidence. I try to complement him but it always backfires and makes him more self-conscious. I don't want him to go through life like this but what can I do?

I watch as Norman goes into the math squad club room, just like he does every day.

But then Jasmine walks in too. 'What is she doing in math squad?' I think. I should hate her, she's super smart and super pretty but she's not even smug about it. But she's so nice and helpful that I can't find a legitimate reason to have any negative opinions of her.

I sigh and leave to go home.

~

"Woah! Who. Is. That?" I hear a girl say. 'Urgh! Can't these girls stop lusting over guys?' I think closing my locker and turning to see who they're talking about.

'Woah, ok, I get it." The guy is walking with Jasmine. He's got gorgeous brown wavy hair and an amazing smile, or well it's more of a smirk. Dressed in blue jeans, a grey T-shirt and a nice black jacket. I look back up to his face as he gets closer.

'Wait a second is that..' "Norman?" I say slightly too loud in surprise. He looks over at me and winks. I gasp and frown. They walk past me towards the math squad club room as I turn around.

'What happened to Norman? Where's his cute little sweater and his hair that falls in his face when he blushes?' I sigh.

I shake my head and start to walk home. I try to clear my head but the image of a confident Norman winking at me floods my brain.

I blush. 'Ok, maybe it's not entirely a bad thing. I guess I did want him to get more confidence but I feel like it's too far and too fast.' I smile softly and continue my walk home.

~

I walk into the hallway towards the hoard of giggling girls. 'Oh, God. They're in front of my locker.' I groan.

"Move! Some of us actually want to go to class. You're blocking my locker." I say grumpily. The girls scowl at me before turning back to whatever it is they were doing. That's when I notice the head of wavy brown hair at the centre of the huddle.

"Now!" I yell at them. They huff and leave upset. "Oh hey Y/N, I wanted to talk to you." Norman says happily.

"Ok, and? I'm busy, you know with school. And now I'm late because of your little hoard of zombies." I say opening my locker.

"Ah? Excuse me?" He says confused. I sigh. "Sorry Norman, that was mean. But unlike all these superficial girls, I'm not just gonna drool all over your looks and newfound confidence."

"I actually wanted to-" The bell rings. I close my locker. "Sorry, got to go." I say beginning to leave. I turn back to him. "Oh and by the way. I liked you before you became this." I say gesturing to him.