I should be sleeping pt 3

I walk up to the diner and sigh. "Even on my day off I'm here." I mumble as I walk in.

"Hey (Y/N), you're not working today, right?" A coworker asks as I enter the door.

"Nope, just here to meet with someone and have some lunch..." I say as I look around the room, my voice trailing off as I see Fulton sitting in a booth.

The coworker turns to look the way I am. "Oh!? I'll give you two some time to "decide your order"." They say winking. I blush softly and lightly push them.

I walk over and sit down opposite him. "Hey!" I say enthusiastically.

"Hmm? Oh, (Y/N)! Hey!" He says looking up.

I laugh. "Still tired?" He nods. "Yeah, me too. But I'm sure we'll feel better once we have some food." I say smiling and grabbing a menu.

-

"Ahh, that was so good! You finished?" Fulton says after his last bite before finishing off his drink. I nod and lean back. "Ok, are you ready to go?"

I take a breath. "Yeah, all good. Let's go pay." I say standing up.

He puts his arm in front of me as we reach the register. "I've got it."

"You sure?" I ask confused.

"Umhm, yep." He says as he turns to my coworker. "Paying for our booth."

The coworker tells him the cost and Fulton pays. We turn to leave but I look back to see my coworker smirking. I shake my head at them.

"So where to?" I ask as the door closes behind us.

"Right this way." He says gesturing down the road.

"And you're not gonna tell me where we're going?" I say.

"Nope! It's a surprise!" He says as we walk.

We walk down the road chatting for a few minutes before turning down a road that seemed to go on forever. As we continued I noticed the horizon start to shimmer. The wind picked up slightly and I could smell salt in the air.

"You took me to the beach?' I ask.

He laughs. "Well yes but not quite." He says as we reach the beach. We turn and walk alongside it. Down past the sand to where the trees started to grow.

"Uh, oh! Down here." He says finding what seemed to be an unofficial path. I follow behind him as the trees start to get more dense and the path gets smaller.

"Are you sure we're allowed to go this way?" I ask genuinely worried.

"Yeah, don't worry. Not too far now." He says as he looks back at me smiling.

I smile back as we continue. Suddenly he takes a step through some trees and steps to the side. He holds open the entrance as I walk through and look around. It was a clearing, sandy floor, surrounded by trees a log laid to the side.

There's a small gap in front of us that leads out into the water. I walk through it and look around outside. There's no one there, large rocks block off the rest of the beach. Our own little beach.

I turn around and smile at him. "This is beautiful. So peaceful." My smile drops. "Are you sure it's ok to be here?"

He walks up to me softly smiling. "Yes, this is public. As long as we don't go too far out in the water and drown we'll be ok." He puts his hands on my shoulders and rubs them a bit before letting go and taking a seat on the log.

"How did you find this?" I ask as I sit next to him.

"Kenny found it. Uh, a guy from our team. The team was at the beach and we were messing around. We were chasing him and he hid here. After a while, he came out and told us about it. Now we come here to relax. And yes, Connie checked that it was a public space." He explains. "Charlie tripped back there." He says pointing behind him.

"Ok, so it's like a team space. Cool. Do you like need permission from the rest of the team to bring people here?" I ask.

His face flushes. "Uh, well you're the first person any of us have brought here. I didn't really think to ask them."

"So I should probably keep this a secret from Charlie, huh?" I joke.

He nods. "Yeah, probably for the best." He says rubbing his neck.

'Aww, he's so adorable. How could this guy be part of the "Bash Brothers"?' I think to myself giggling.

"W-what?" He asks turning to me.

I laugh a bit more, shaking my head. "Nothing!"

"No, come on. What's so funny?" He asks pouting.

I feel my heart pound. "Ah, you. You're what's funny. You're meant to be this big tough guy but here you are being a big softie."

"You gotta stop saying stuff like that. Word might get around that I'm not mean." He jokes blushing.

I blush before taking a breath. "And what are you gonna do about it?" I say faking confidence.

He looks to the ground before back up to my eyes. "This!" He whispers taking my face in his hand and pulling me in.

He leans in before our lips meet. I feel my face heat up as my heart races. My brain catches up, realising what's happening before switching off. I melt into the kiss as I feel my arms move up around his neck. His hands fall from my face to my hips.

We pull apart out of breath before he utters a breathy word. "Sorry!"

I blink a few times. "What?" I whisper confused.

"Uh!? I..." He pulls back further. "Um, for uh, you know, kissing you. Sorry."

I sigh before I start to laugh again. He looks at me confused. I look into his eyes and smile. "God you're so adorable!" I say pulling him towards me as I plant a kiss to his lips. "No need to apologise." I whisper giving him another kiss.

He sighs and smiles. "Good!" He grabs my waist and pulls my body closer to his. "Because I can't stop."

-----------------

Aww, I hope that was cute for you too. I liked this story but it felt a little disconnected at times.

I don't know if you can tell but I love Fulton. I mean I love almost all of Elden's acting roles but specifically Fulton.

Anyway once again finishing up writing this after midnight. So still fits with the title.

Love you all

Bye

Drew X