i : prologue

you're so cool, it makes me hate you so much

◇ you're so cool, it makes me hate you so much ◇

☆ ☆ ☆

"oh my gosh, look at this one." leah laughs and leans over from where she's sitting in my bed to show me her phone, looking over my shoulder as she rewatches it with me. 

i watch about the millionth ship edit of me and walker to a taylor swift song, and i push the phone away, laughing. "ew, get that away."

"wait, let me see it." dior looks up from her phone to peek at leah's. she watches it over and chuckles. "that one's kind of good. if i didn't know better, i would think you guys were dating after watching that,"

"yeah, you and everyone else on the planet." i roll my eyes. "weirdos." 

"us? what about that one time you just watched an edit of walker on loop for, like, five minutes. it was seven seconds long." leah remarked.

"i was spaced out! we've been over this." i insist, and cross my arms, ignoring the heat that rises to my cheeks. honestly, it was the truth. half truth. technically, i had spaced out while watching the edit . . . thinking about walker. but in my defense, i was thinking about how anyone could ever find him attractive. cute, sure. but, like, attractive? hot? no way. it was funny. that was the reason. 

"uh, huh." leah smirked at me, unconvinced. i shoved her in the shoulder. 

"i'm serious!" 

she raised her hands in defense. "okay, okay, i believe you!" she said, but the tone of her voice said otherwise. 

"come on, y/n, is it such a crime to say that you guys would make a good couple?" dior asks.

i look over to her, unamused. "yes."

"well, you guys look good together." dior shrugs. i open my mouth to protest, but she cuts me off. "that's a compliment!" 

i sigh and cross my arms, leaning back in bed. leah, dior, and i had all been hanging out at my house for an hour or so. they had spent about half of that time showing me fan edits of walker and i. obviously, a great usage of time. 

after that, the three of us sat in silence for a good five minutes before dior spoke up again. "you know what we should do?" 

i knew. we loved doing it.

"instagram live." leah answered, also knowing. 

"you're lucky it's fun." i smiled, and set my phone up at the foot of my bed, opening instagram. 

i started the live (titled it: with leah and dior), and people started joining almost immediately. 867k followers does that to you. 

we answered questions and just talked randomly. i also put out a few too many rumors about me and walker. dior and leah did not help.