iv : you make everyone disappear, and, cut me into pieces

and all at once, you are the one i have been waiting for

◇ and all at once, you are the one i have been waiting for ◇

☆ ☆ ☆

walker turned out to be right. it was nicer. it was a good 75 degrees (fahrenheit) out with a nice breeze--and the sun just about to set added nicely to it all.

personally, i'm not that much of a walking person. i prefer to drive, or bike, or something. however, walking to this mystery date wasn't that bad. i would never admit this to walker, but i enjoyed it.

after walking for three blocks, we turned a corner and down this narrow street, which was just filled with shops on both sides. it was like a farmer's market, almost, but it was actual buildings instead of stands. there was no cars on the street, so people roamed around. string lights hung from building to building, creating a nice ambiance.

i looked around, in complete mesmerization. i wondered how this had existed so close to my house all this time, and i never knew of it.

me and walker walked (haha, walker walked) down the street for a little bit, until we reached a cozy-looking restaurant that was fairly busy.

we entered the building, and it was decorated with warm tones and brightly green plants all around. there were plenty tables and booths all around, which only half of were filled--not to mention the outdoor seating. we waited at the host stand, and i looked around the restaurant more. i felt walkers eyes on me, so i turned to look at him. he smiled at me, and i smiled back. i opened my mouth to ask him how he knew about this place, but then a hostess popped up.

"welcome! indoor or outdoor seating for you two?" she asked with a warm smile.

i looked to walker, expecting him to answer, but he looked at me and shrugged, signaling for me to choose.

"uh . . outdoor," i answered.

"excellent!" the hostess said, and grabbed two menus. "follow me." she then said, and led us back outside to a table.

"a waiter will be with you soon, enjoy your meals!" she smiled once more, and left after placing down our menus.

we sat down, and i observed the street once more.

"so . . ." walker started. i looked over to him and noticed that he was giving me an expecting look. "what do you think?"

"this is awesome, dude." i answer without a second thought. "i fully thought you were going to take me to a chuck-e-cheese."

"how could i when you look that good? i wouldn't want to waste this." walker says with a shrug and grin.

i feel my face get hot, and try to ignore it. "well, thanks. maybe this means you'll get a second date," i say, jokingly.