XXV

CHAPTER XXV
————————————————————
MONDAY

GETO WALKED ME TO SCHOOL AGAIN ON MONDAY MORNING, and he even got me breakfast after I left the house a bit too late.

"What's happening after school?" I asked him as I bit into the sandwich he bought for me.

"No extras after school...so I'm clear for the day, and you?"

"Me neither, but I do have to go shopping, and if you want you can join me?"

"I'll be glad to...is it clothes shopping?" he smiled.

"We can...why do you want something?"

"No I just want to see you try on clothes." he giggled.

"Oh piss off Suguru." I chuckled while rolling my eyes.

"I like it when you say my name...it's kinda sexy." he teased me.

"Anything I do is sexy according to you." I pushed him away as we walked through the gates together.

"It's not my fault you purposely act like it." he grinned at me.

"Since when do I purposely do that!" I laughed, which garnered the attention of multiple parties standing outside the school. The fan girls and our friends included.

I anxiously walk closer to Geto and try to act normal as I approach my friends with him.

"Morning you two, I see today you got breakfast bought for you." Shoko didn't look surprised.

"Gold digger!" one of the fan girls said loud enough for me to hear.

I rolled my eyes and began speaking to Geto.

"This group of fan girls must piss off already," I emphasised loud enough for them to get the message back.

"No seriously, they're really annoying." he purposely said quite loudly.

I gave the group of girls a side eye to see their reaction and I was pleased with the outcome so I turned back to face my friends.

-

(1) and I sat together in art class however it was uncomfortably silent between us.

"You've really changed Y/n." they looked up at me with a frown.

"What do you mean?" I asked her with confusion clear in my tone.

"I don't know...the way you speak? The way you act?" they tried to reason with me.

"I think I haven't changed."

"Geto has changed you."

I looked at them in shock and felt a piece of my soul crack.

"He hasn't changed me..."

"You act different with him, but you're still kinda the same with us, but not really since you're coming in late...hanging out with him and just ignoring us I guess." (1) sighed as they held their head up with their hand.

They seemed very upset over this, and it hurts me since (1) is genuinely one of my nicest and most positive friends.

I wish I could tell them the reason why I act differently.

I act different because I'm comfortable, I act different because I'm happy and don't feel judged, especially by (2).

"I'm still the same with you guys? That's all that matters right?"

"I don't know Y/n...I don't know if I want you to act the same with us or not." they frowned.

"It's because he's a boy isn't he?" they continued.

Their words struck a nerve in me and I felt uneasy.

"No it's not because he's a boy (1)...it's because we're friends."

"You're friends with us too Y/n." they looked up at me with sad eyes.

"We're friends but we don't hang out outside of school, only at parties and gatherings."

"You never even went to any of the parties before this." (1) became increasingly frustrated.

"I was never invited (1)..." I frowned at them as they got up and left the class since it ended.

I followed them through the halls and tried to catch them in a quiet moment.

They led me to the rooftop and stood there waiting for me to go on.

"I wasn't part of your friend group because I was never invited, and now you're mad that I'm part of it?" I tried to remain as calm as possible.

"I don't know what (2) was going on about, but whatever they said stuck with me." (1) sighed into their palms.

"(1). I act differently with Geto because he knows me better."

"He knows you better? We've been friends for longer!" they got triggered by my words.

"Fuck (1) I'm happy when I'm with him okay? I'm comfortable with him because I don't feel judged."

"You're not comfortable with us?" they looked visibly hurt.

"I'm not comfortable because (2) judges me and doesn't make me feel good for having the feelings I do."

"I feel like that too..."

"I'm sorry (1)...I really didn't know you felt like this." I got closer to them and hugged them tightly.

We heard footsteps coming up to the rooftop and Geto walked through the door and saw us.

"Is everything alright? What's wrong?" he approached us.

"It's nothing...don't worry about it," I reassured him.

"Are you ready to go?" he asked me.

"I just need my bag, but let me just finish this up with (1)," I told him and looked back at them.

"I'm sorry Y/n, I didn't know that you felt like that." they hugged me again.

"It's alright, I don't feel like that with you whatsoever." I looked at them.

"I'm glad." they smiled and followed Geto and me down the stairs and we bid our goodbyes.

I'M SORRY MY FRIEND.
————————————————————
@SCYKHS