[ 𝟑𝟐 ] - 𝐀𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

【 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎 】

    "Welcome to the hurdles event, the ultimate test of speed and flexibility," Chris announced after leading the group of competitors out into the field area of the acropolis, five sets of hurdles—one for a team member of each team—behind him wit...

    "Welcome to the hurdles event, the ultimate test of speed and flexibility," Chris announced after leading the group of competitors out into the field area of the acropolis, five sets of hurdles—one for a team member of each team—behind him with a finish line set up at the end. "Players must leap higher and higher over these hurdles while they race for the finish line. First one across wins the gold."

"Sorry," Heather mocked to Team Chris as she raised her leg higher than most could've done. "But I'm fast and flexible."

"Looks like we're voting someone out again," Noah exhaled whilst rolling his eyes.

Alejandro merely smirked and propped his fists on his hips as he—somehow to which others didn't understand—fell into a splits before miraculously using his feet, which still had his boots on, to tie his hair up in a half ponytail before rising back up to a standing position. Heather could only stand in that same position with her foot raised, shocked, her eyes wide whilst twitching ever so subtly.

(Y/N) let out a laugh.

"See something you like, amor?" Alejandro winked down at her, his eyes glimmering with infatuation.

"Sure," she shrugged, crossing her arms over her chest. "I think that hairstyle suits you very well... I wouldn't mind seeing it here and there."

Alejandro's lips trembled, as if he were having to physically restrain himself from smiling at her comment. Reigning in his almost primal desires, Alejandro tore his gaze away from (Y/N) to line up at the starting point next to Heather. The girl looked more than pissed, and whether it be from the difference in power between her and Alejandro or his clear interest in (Y/N) instead of her, she didn't know, and she also didn't want to find out.

That would mean having to acknowledge something she wasn't ready to acknowledge.

"On your mark. Get set. Go!" Chris shouted as he blew an air horn, watching with a pleased smile as both contestant took off running.

It wasn't long before Alejandro pulled ahead of Heather, his expression one of concentration as he leaped over each hurdle with ease and precision, even vaulting over one in a handspring. It was truly an impressive feat to watch, Team Chris cheering on Alejandro whilst Team Amazon could only look on with worried apprehension.

(Y/N) inhaled sharply.

If Alejandro wins this... we might be able to have enough lead to secure First Class.

And then Gwen...

She chuckled lightly.

Nothing against her, but in technicality, she is the scapegoat for Team Amazon's decline.

Almost like he could read her mind, Alejandro glanced back to meet her eyes for only a moment before speeding up, launching over the final hurdle before crossing the finish line with gusto. Of course, much to Team Amazon's dismay and disappointment, Chris announced the winner of that challenge as Team Chris.

"No!" Heather slid to her knees at her loss, her jaw tightening in irritation.

"Don't feel too bad," Alejandro scoffed down at her with a roll of his eyes, gratefully accepting the gold medal Chris handed him before letting his gaze drift to (Y/N). "You merely needed the proper... encouragement. But you don't have that. How pitiable, Heather."

"Shut up!" She stood up hastily, her fingers clenched into fists at her sides.

"Why? For speaking the truth?"

"You don't know anything of what I've been through!" Heather practically growled at the boy as she stalked closer to him, pressing a finger harshly against her chest, her yells catching the attention of everyone around her. "My eyebrows were burned off, I was bald for two season, and you want me to not 'feel bad!?' When all I've been doing is for this prize money!? Money I deserve!?"

Alejandro looked speechless at that.

Before anyone could say anything else, Chris popped up between the two of them from seemingly nowhere, a kind smile on his face as he said, "Hey, guys? Know me? Chris McLean?"

Everyone raised a brow at that.

"Well, I'm also the host of this T.V. show, a T.V. show that only gets a half hour, so move it along!" His smile then disappeared as he pointed in the direction of the plane, looking judgmentally down at all of them. "You can vent out all your drama once we get inside, but Heather, you might have to wait before duking it out with Alejandro here since one of you lucky Amazons have a date with a parachute... out the door—haha!"

Heather grumbled something incoherently under her breath as she walked away, Alejandro watching her go before shrugging.

Did he care about Heather's troubles?

Of course not.

There was only one thing he cared about now.

Approaching (Y/N), he wound his arms around her before pressing his lips to her ear to whisper, "Looks like I've won once again, chica. Are you sure you don't want to give me a prize~?"

She turned her head ever so slightly to meet his eyes, her brows raising.

An amusing reaction...

"I guess you did a good job," her lips curved upwards in a tantalizing smile as she turned around in his hold, noticing that his hands stayed firmly on her waist, as if trying to pull her in even closer. "If you want a prize, tell me what you want... and just maybe I'll give it to you."

Alejandro's grip tightened if possible, his adam's apple bobbing in his throat.

Her words were so suggestive to the point he could barely keep a grasp on his sanity and self-control. Just as he was about to lean in, his eyes lingering on her lips, (Y/N) promptly leaned back and ducked under his arms with a playful chuckle.

Alejandro's eye twitched.

"Come on," she hummed, lacing her hands behind her back. "We don't want to keep Chris waiting."

A shadow fell over Alejandro's face.

Her eyes curved upwards.

How interesting...

How interesting indeed...