Chapter 2

LUKE

________________________________

I heard a pitiful stomp from behind me as I grunted in response. I ran past the boy's dormitory, slipping into the bathroom. Seeing that I was alone, I ran into one of the stalls, before gasping in relief as the Polyjuice potion finally wore off.

Sebastian Sallow hugged the wall, gasping as his nerves cooled down. His old Slytherin robes were still torn from his escape from Azkaban and his animagus transformation

Being an animagus wasn't something Sebastian was proud of; but it had come in handy so many fucking times. 

Considering his animagus was a fox, the travel had been a long one. Yet, here he was, at Hogwarts,  half of him gone.

The happiness the dementors took from him could never  be replaced.

Fulfilled.

Of course, Sebastian was aware of his actions. He knew killing his uncle would result in some shitty form of punishment, but Azkaban hadn't been in his radar.

Plus, the only way he was in this school was Ominis. Since the Gaunts have connections to the headmaster, Sebastian managed to, (yet again), sweet talk his way back into what he wanted. In said scenario, Hogwarts.

Disguised as the muggle Luke Smithington, which was actually in the form of a polyjuice potion, hadn't been easy. Ominis forced himself back to the Gaunt residence for the summer, collecting hair from his distant third cousin to add into the potion. When arriving back, a month prior to sixth year, Ominis wasn't very happy with his visit.

He blamed it all on me. Angrily, Sebastian sallow twiddled with his thumbs, the memories unfolding like a book.

Ominis was even more mad at Sebastian; one, for having the Gaunt slide him in to a secret program as a muggle, and secondly for being forced into the hell-hole of his home. Ominis thought  that he talked Sebastian into not coming back.

Ominis thought Sebastian wasn't still desperately searching for a cure for his sister. He tried convincing Sebastian out of coming back to Hogwarts for the sole purpose of finding more information about the Scriptorium. 

To find another way would fix everything. Sebastian Sallow was convinced of that.

To add the cherry on top, Ominis thought  Sebastian wasn't at Hogwarts. Ominis thought that he went to the Gaunt residence for nothing, that the hair he tirelessly collected would go to waste in the bottom of Sebastian's suitcase, that 'Sallow' was gonna move someplace else (Merlin knows where.)

Truly, Ominis would never know if Sebastian was here. anyways, since he'd spent a few days mastering a voice different than his assigned Polyjuice one.

Yet, here he was, sliding his body down against the wall and burying his head into his arms, gently folded over his bony knees.

Oh so desperate Sebastian was. To save his sister. To not be mad at Y/N. To apologize for every fucking thing he fucked up last year. To actually  fix the mess he created.

To forget Azkaban, the dementors, his face on the walls, the escaped teenage convict would do anything. 

Anything.

Reaching into his bag, Sebastian Sallow pulled out a small vile, containing the bubbling gray liquid of the polyjuice potion. Gulping it down in one swish, he felt his skin bubble as he earned back his beach blonde waves, his green eyes, and his actually clean robes.

Feeling shitty, and not because of the dirty stalls, Sebastian exited his domain and walked to a sink in front of a mirror, bending over and shaking his hand in disgust with himself.

Sebastian knew he was selfish. He knew he was lying to Ominis. He knew he was so ugly to Y/N even after everything she did for him. He knew he was a liar, a thief, an escaped convict, and a betrayer.

Yet somehow, and Sebastian would most definitely blame the dementors for this part, he felt like what he was doing was right. Maybe, just maybe, if he cured his sister, found something to help her, and stayed away from the people, (or person), he loved most, his hopes and dreams would be fulfilled.

For now, Sebastian needed to get a grip.

Find out everything he'd missed from being gone for months.

And settle back into the life of a Slytherin.

________________________________

sorry this was rushed lmao, ik this was very quick and barely explains anything, but more will be reaveled later. thought i would drop this here for those confused

~xoxo, missy