𝕮⃟Hapter 39

»𝐶⃪39«
: KITCHEN THIEF

• • •
Yun Zhao had returned to normal, and it brought both joy and sadness to the people of Yuming Mountain. Bai Ze finally escaped the fate of being controlled to cook and returned to his beloved rocking chair, completely limp and unable to tear himself away.

The most heartbroken one was Luo Xue. He could no longer sleep in a nest with Yun Zhao, and he had also transformed into the smallest creature in Yuming Mountain.

The white kitten lay on Xuanming's head, leaning close to the black panther's round ears, and whispered, "Can we give Yun Zhao brother another Dream Mushroom?"

The black panther tapped the kitten's head with its tail, warning the little fellow not to be too bold. After all, with their Dao companion shrinking, many things were no longer convenient for the Dragon Lord.

As a black panther who had a clingy couple as masters, it was considerate enough to think for Ao Yu and promptly put an end to Luo Xue's plan.

After Yun Zhao got up, he went to the kitchen and cooked a pot of crab roe shredded chicken congee to reward the little ones who had helped out in the past few days.

He looked through the window and saw Ao Yu carrying a mahogany box into the house. He quickly leaned out and called out to him, "Ao Yu, come and have some congee."

Ao Yu replied, "Wait a moment, Xiaguang sent over some clothes. I'll put them away and then come."

Yun Zhao responded with an "Oh" and served him a bowl of congee separately.

He didn't know why, but every time new clothes were delivered, Ao Yu would always organize them himself.

Perhaps the little dragon had OCD tendencies?

Yun Zhao shrugged and started to eat the congee to fill his stomach.

After Luo Xue and Wu Mu finished their congee, they obediently helped clean up the bowls and chopsticks. They said to Yun Zhao, "Brother, we're going to play with Xuanming!"

"Go ahead."

Meowing sounds came from behind, and they saw the two of them trotting after Xuanming into the courtyard.

Yun Zhao didn't slack off either. He rolled up his sleeves and started making small bread with the rabbits.

The rabbits were already skilled at this, and with an assembly line-like production, they quickly finished today's order for the Wolf Clan.

Yun Zhao wiped off the flour on the little black rabbit's face and saw that there was still a good amount of powdered sugar in the bowl. He couldn't help but suggest, "Let's use the remaining ingredients to make cookies?"

"Okay!" The rabbits cheered, clearly craving cookies for a while.

Yun Zhao swiftly began mixing and blending, rolling the dough into a sheet on a smooth table.

As usual, he used a mold to imprint the shapes of little cats and rabbits and placed them into the alchemy furnace-like oven.

When the entire room was filled with the aroma of milk, he took out the golden cookies and tilted his head to observe them.

The little black rabbit, puzzled, approached and asked, "Master, what's wrong?"

Yun Zhao rubbed his chin and murmured, "It feels a bit monotonous..."

"Oh right, didn't you gather a lot of berries in the mountains before?" Yun Zhao suddenly remembered and looked at the rabbits.

The little black rabbit nodded but seemed a little conflicted. "But those berries were a bit sour, so we didn't make jam with them..."