𝕮⃟Hapter 42

»𝐶⃪42«
: TURMOIL AT THE BANQUET (PART 1)

• • •
Amidst the Yuming Mountains, the weeping cherry blossoms were adorned with elegant red silk lanterns, creating a scene reminiscent of a crowded forest of fiery trees and silver flowers.

Yun Zhao sat by the window, resting his chin on his hand as he watched the busy rabbit attendants outside. The ethereal pale golden veils fluttered in the wind, casting a layer of luxurious colors over the entire mountain.

He had intended to help, but to his surprise, the wolf clan attendants took care of everything on their own.

Smiling, they took the broom from Yun Zhao's hand. "Master, go and enjoy yourself elsewhere. We'll take care of things here."

Yun Zhao scratched his head and could only turn around, intending to go and check the kitchen.

Inside the kitchen, the rabbits selected and purchased ingredients according to the menu Yun Zhao had prepared, bustling around and organizing their tasks. They worried that Yun Zhao's presence in the kitchen would attract the playful and mischievous kitten cubs, so they politely asked him to leave as well.

Little Black Rabbit brewed a pot of tea and placed it on the windowsill, speaking with a serious tone, "Master Yun Zhao, why don't you entertain yourself for a while? We have many matters to discuss with Master Bai Ze."

It seemed as if they were instructing a child who interrupted his parents while they were doing household chores.

Just as they spoke, they heard Bai Ze calling for the rabbits from a distance, "Little bunnies, the glass lamps with colored patterns have arrived! Come and see if you like these designs!"

"Coming!" Little Black Rabbit patted Yun Zhao's head from the windowsill and then hurried off to work.

Yun Zhao absentmindedly touched the spot where Little Black Rabbit had rubbed him, taking a moment to react. He couldn't help but feel that this banquet was turning out differently from what he had expected.

"What's wrong with that? You can rest a little more," Ao Yu leaned against the soft couch, casually flipping through the pages of a book.

The fragrance of the auspicious golden beast incense wafted from the Rui Jin Beast Stove, and a glass lamp beside the couch emitted a faint halo, making the dragon lord with his disheveled white hair appear much gentler, devoid of his fierce aura from the daytime.

Yun Zhao tilted his head and pondered. Since their immortal friends received the invitations, congratulatory gifts had been flowing to the Yuming Mountains like a river.

A few days ago, the Immortal fairies had sent silk ribbons and decorations to adorn the mountains. Yesterday, the True Immortal Hongming had also sent a considerable amount of fine wine, instructing Yun Zhao to serve it at the banquet.

Even Bai Yu, who was the farthest away, had sent numerous spiritual herbs and talismans for Sun Yang's cultivation.

The responsible Qingniao birds, exhausted from their deliveries, were on the verge of going on strike. Only after Yun Zhao fed them a good amount of sweet fruits did they agree to continue helping.

Yun Zhao took a few sips of tea and replied, "I just didn't expect everyone to be so enthusiastic about attending. It's almost as grand as the previous wolf clan celebration."

"Rarely do we host a banquet, and it's not just you who's enthusiastic. They also want to join in the celebration," Ao Yu said without lifting his head, casually jotting down a few annotations in the obscure parts of his book. "But this gesture of goodwill, both you and Sun Yang can handle."