𝕮⃟Hapter 66

⟣•66•⟢
: YUMING MOUNTAIN’S SPIRIT VEIN

• • •
After the meal, Yun Zhao chased the little ones to the hot springs for a bath. They spent the whole day running around the mountains, getting their fur covered in debris.

The freshly washed little ones lined up, one by one, allowing Yun Zhao to towel dry their fur. They had expressions of pure enjoyment and didn't want to move away.

Ao Jing washed himself, and he watched as the little phoenix lay back on Yun Zhao's legs, allowing the youth to trim his nails. Curiously, Ao Jing asked, "Can't Le Huang transform into a human form?"

Le Huang, with his eyes half-closed in contentment, replied, "I can."

Wu Mu added a few strokes to his younger brother's head fur and wondered, "Then why haven't we seen you transform? Sometimes it's more convenient to be in human form."

Le Huang shook his sparkling golden tail feathers and said seriously, "But then I can't show off my tail! It would be bare without feathers, and being in human form wouldn't look good!"

"Is that so?" Ao Jing was puzzled. He didn't see any difference in beauty or ugliness between human and original forms.

Upon hearing this, the little phoenix proudly displayed his feathers to him.

Yun Zhao lifted the dried little chubby bird and interrupted Le Huang's display. Le Huang immediately looked up and asked, "What's wrong?"

Yun Zhao, with an expressionless face, pushed open the door and said, "It's time for you, the bare human form, to go to sleep."

Le Huang: "..."

Putting the little bird to bed was not an easy task, especially when they had been playing too excitedly during the day. It was even more difficult to settle them at night.

Sun Yang, Ao Jing, and the others were relatively easy, finding their own spots to sleep. But the remaining little ones started making a fuss.

Yun Zhao gently patted the wiggling kitten’s buttocks, saying, "Go to sleep. I've been playing with you for so long with the teasing wand."

Wu Mu sprawled in his nest, claws scratching at Yun Zhao's robe, leaving the sleeves in a sorry state.

"Play one more time!"

Yun Zhao sighed, "No, you never keep your promises."

Wu Mu rolled around in dissatisfaction, then grabbed his wrist and lightly rubbed his delicate skin with his sharp teeth.

The kitten tilted his head, thought for a moment, and said, "How about you make bubble water again tomorrow?"

Yun Zhao raised an eyebrow. This little one was quite good at making conditions. He was about to refuse when another person appeared by his side.

Ao Yu flicked Wu Mu's head with his hand, surveyed the surrounding divine beasts who hadn't gone to sleep yet, and said in a calm voice, "Go to sleep."

"Okay."

Wu Mu obediently meowed and quickly extinguished the candle. He picked up his younger brother and snuggled into the bed, pulling the blanket over them. Before settling in, he politely said, "Goodnight."

Yun Zhao was stunned by his swift actions, and in a daze, he was led back into the room by Ao Yu.

After a busy day, Yun Zhao collapsed onto the bed like a dead dog, burying himself in the fragrant soft pillows and taking a deep breath.

Catching fish, cooking, and just now washing so many little furballs—it was only now, when he relaxed, that he felt the soreness in his waist and arms.