𝕮⃟Hapter 51

»𝐶⃪51«
: GUESTS FROM DAN XUE MOUNTAIN

• • •
The Flower Goddess took a few bites of the pear and smiled, saying, "Indeed, it's sweet. I have plenty of fragrant fruits in the mountains. If you like, when I return, I'll pick some good ones and bring them to you."

Before Yun Zhao could respond, the other children cheered and immediately surrounded the Flower Goddess, acting coquettish by her side.

Under the gaze of several sparkling animal eyes, the Flower Goddess had a momentary thought that Yun Zhao was not raising divine beasts but a group of greedy piglets.

On the following day, the Flower Goddess was drinking tea in the courtyard when she saw Yun Zhao coming out of the house. She said, "I have troubled you for a long time. I must return now. If you have the time in the future, come visit me at my place."

Yun Zhao naturally agreed and had the bunnies prepare some pastries as gifts for the Flower Goddess. In no time, her storage bag was filled to the brim.

Gently stroking the bunny's head, the Flower Goddess suddenly remembered something and said to Yun Zhao, "The spiritual energy in Yuming Mountain is quite abundant now. I have an old friend who saw your advertisement letter and intends to send his young child to stay here. They should be arriving soon."

Yun Zhao was taken aback and delighted in his heart. Just as he was about to ask which immortal clan the child belonged to, a pleasant voice came from behind.

"Oh, Yuming Mountain has become so beautiful."

Yun Zhao turned around and saw a young man in a brocade robe standing under a crabapple tree.

He was exceptionally handsome, with a charming appearance reflected in the corners of his eyes and eyebrows. The upturned ends of his eyes outlined a touch of reddish-gold, while the magnificent robe embroidered with feather patterns shimmered under the sunlight, making the feathers appear alive, changing and floating.

Wu Mu raised its front paw to shield its eyes. "Wow, so dazzling!"

The Flower Goddess smiled lightly and said to the dumbfounded Yun Zhao, "This is my friend, the Phoenix from the Dan Xue Mountain. His name is Chao Dan."

Phoenix?!

Yun Zhao blinked his eyes, no wonder he was so radiant and eye-catching, like a walking spotlight.

Chao Dan had a pleasant tone as he approached the two of them. "You must be Yun Zhao?"

Yun Zhao was confused, not knowing whom he was talking to. But when he turned his head, he saw the Flower Goddess sitting calmly at the stone table, sipping tea as if it were an everyday occurrence.

Just as Yun Zhao was about to ask again, Chao Dan's sleeve fluttered, and a faint halo appeared at the cuff. A fiery-red little bird's head poked out from inside, meeting the gaze of the young man.

The reddish-golden beast pupils slightly shifted, staring unblinkingly at the young man before them.

Yun Zhao felt his back tingling from being stared at by the little bird. Only then did he hear the proud little bird nod and say, "You look decent."

Yun Zhao scratched his face and chuckled, "Thank you."

On the opposite side, Chao Dan breathed a sigh of relief and took the little phoenix out from the halo, placing it on his own shoulder.

"I apologize for the rudeness," Chao Dan explained sheepishly. "This is my child, Le Huang. He's born to be picky and places great importance on appearance. He angered his mother a few days ago, so I brought him to Yuming Mountain for a while to mend his bad habits."