Cold

________________________________________________________________________________________________

With the first class having ended I decided I'd take a breather and go to the restroom. Whilst there is no issue with the class itself.. It was quite boring listening to something I already learnt at 6. While thinking that, I went outside only to see Natsukawa walking one step ahead in front of me. 'Coincidences can be freaky.'

Then, right when my eyes met hers, she suddenly made a surprised face.

"Hey! Don't follow me!"

"Follow you? Ah, no, I just want to go to the restroom."

"Eh...... Eeh!?"

Natsukawa froze on the spot. 'What's so confusing about that? While I do get that the original followed her relentlessly, it wasn't as though he had NOTHING else to do.'

I could feel an awkward atmosphere.

Perhaps she realised that she had just misunderstood me, her face turned red, only for a short time. Then, she regretfully glared at me and yelled at me.

"Then say so sooner!" ~Sigh~ Such a loud woman. Not wanting this farce to continue any longer I simply said "Okay then" and continued on my way. My behaviour right now might seem a bit different from the original, but, after all, if a man suddenly declared "I'm going to the toilet" to a woman.... She would be troubled about how to react, right?

While imagining such a surreal scene in my mind, I passed Natsukawa who hadn't moved from the spot.

And, when I reached the entrance of the toilet, I was dragged in by Yamazaki and several others from the same class.

"───Oi, oi, what happened between you two?"

"Between you two... ah, are you talking about me and Natsukawa?"

"Bro when did you start calling her by her last name again!?"

"Well she never actually gave me permission to call her first name right?"

"HUH!? Okay now I'm really confused. Since when did you care about permission to do anything with Natsukawa-san? Did you have a quarrel or something?"

Yamazaki asked while grinning. His eyes looked like someone who had found something interesting.

"Quarrel, huh? It's the same as usual, isn't it?"

"Hm? Well... Now that you mention it, that's true."

Yamazaki was convinced when I calmly answered so. But the other one didn't seem to be convinced yet. Another guy approached me as if he wanted to investigate further. He looked over at me with the look of an explorer who wanted to dig a little deeper into the matter.

Hey, calm your breathing down, it's too much...

"Wait, normally, when Natsukawa-san got angry at you as always, you would still try to get involved with her without paying attention to what she said, right?"

"That's correct, yes."

"Then why didn't you do it today? Also you don't have the usual idiot in love look anymore"

"Because I gave up, It's time to move on don't you think so?"

"Well yeah I think so.. Heck anyone else would too but since when did you actually use your brain!?" 'Seriously.. Quite the reputation this body has.' I sigh mentally, not wanting this conversation to drag on any longer I say.

"Well it's about time I start to do so.. Break time is about to end so can you let me go?"

Then, in a hurry, we went back to the classroom.