Distance

________________________________________________________________________________________________

With summer approaching soon, many people both old and young, could be seen outside doing light exercises like jogging or following along to radio exercises. I left home earlier than the original usually did to avoid arriving late again.

That being said the sky was extremely beautiful, something out of a drawing. A deep cobalt colour stretched across its expanse with rows of cotton candy like clouds filling it. The air was crisp with a slight woody scent carrying through, quite strange for a city area but nonetheless I am grateful to be able to experience outside like this; however, due to leaving earlier I am entrapped in the crowds of people rushing to work or school.

Hopefully none of them bump into me.

Reflecting on last night however, the best description I can give would be... extremely.. tiresome.

After what I said, Natsukawa left without saying anything else. Which I was of course grateful for considering all she does is berate me. Not that I could fault her for it, reflecting on... the actions of the original. That being said, right after Natsukawa left Kaede started drilling me trying to figure out what sort of relationship the two of us had and why I sent her away like that. I of course reaffirmed that we are indeed just classmates, not that she believed me. 'My' mother had also joined Kaede in the questioning but they gave up after about fifteen minutes.

"Hey! Dipshit, isn't that the girl from last night?"

".. Yes, what about it?"

"Aren't you gonna talk to her?"

"No, our relationship isn't close like that."

"Seems pretty damn close to me considering she came over to our house~!"

"I already told you and mom last night that she came over to drop off something I left behind in class."

"Mhm~ sure she did."

"~sigh~ Can't you drop this Kaede? We're causing a scene." She finally quiets down for bit and notices that quite a few people are staring at us.

"...fine, you escape for now Wataru~"

Such a troublesome woman became my sister...

I arrived at school with 10 minutes to spare before it started, though I decided to wait in the corridor until the teacher was going to the classroom to follow behind her. I did this because my seat is the one right next to Natsukawa, and I can't be bothered to deal with her glaring at me any more than necessary.

"Hey" Just before I take my seat Natsukawa calls out to me.

"Hmm?"

"Why are you late today?"

"What do you mean? I'm exactly on time."

"..huft You know what I mean! I saw you walking behind me this morning. That means you should've arrived around the same time I did!"

"How did you know I was behind you? Are you perhaps keeping tabs on me?"

"YO- ~sigh~ Since when did you get so cheeky? Y'know what... nevermind." Finally she gets the hint. I see no reason to justify my arrival time to her.

"Ara~ Are you two done now?" It seems Ootsuki-sensei was listening to the two of us.

"Yes we are, I apologise sensei."

"Good. Good morning everyone! It seems like no one is late today."

"What are you talking about, Ootsuki-chan, Sajou, he hasn't.... he's here already!? Why are you here already!?"