Part 2: Friend or Foe

Tommorow comes, everyone has woken up and is going to the Playcare. Except for Dogday and Hoppy. Dogday was still sleeping and Hoppy wanted to wake up Dogday so he isn't late.

Hoppy: "Dogday! Wake up!!"

Hoppy was shaking dogday gently as she said that.

Dogday: "Give me 5 minutes..."

Dogday said while turning around

Hoppy: "Okay fine, but dont be late."

Hoppy left the house running to catch up to her friends who left together. Dogday slowly got out of bed shortly after and started stretching. He slowly got out of bed and left the house. Dogday saw Catnap slowly walking to Playcare with his hands at the back. He quickly ran up to Catnap and catched up with him.

Dogday:" Hey! Catnap!"

Catnap had his eyes closed while walking with a smile. He opened one of his eyes looking at Dogday.

Catnap: "Morning... Puppy..."

Dogday: "Morning."

Catnap: "You know what today is right...?"

Dogday got confused. He clearly didn't know this was a special day.

Dogday: "Uh.. No?"

Catnap: "Ah... Of course.."

Catnap opened both of his eyes now looking at the ground. Dogday was really curious to know whats this special day.

Catnap: "Today is Bubba's birthday... I thought you would remember that..."

Dogday was shocked. He had completely forgotten that today is Bubba's birthday. Dogday had no presents to give to Bubba and he started to get worried

Dogday: "Oh god oh god i forgot what am i gonna do"

Dogday said with panic

Catnap: "You better get something... You don't want to make your friend sad do you?"

Catnap giggled.

Dogday: "Catnap you gotta help me find something..."

Catnap looked at a imaginary watch on his arm

Catnap: "Oh. It appears Bubba's birthday starts... Now..."

Dogday panicked even more when he heard that

Dogday: "What?! What am i gonna do?!"

Dogday was really panicking. Catnap just giggled. He made Dogday trip and fall over to the ground using his tail. Dogday spoke as catnap slowly walked away.

Dogday: "HEY! REALLY?!"

Dogday then realized he had no other choice and slowly walked to the Playcare. Catnap was already there. Catnap closed his eyes walking inside with a smile. Not saying a single word. Catnap sat on a lone chair somewhere and waited until Dogday arrived. He shortly arrived after. He looked tired and hopeless. Catnap just stared at Dogday as he walked inside.

Craftycorn: "Okay guys.. Bubba is coming... Hide!"

Everyone hid except for Catnap and Dogday. Dogday just sat near Catnap and waited for Bubba.

Craftycorn: "Aren't you two gonna hide?"

Dogday: "No..."

Craftycorn shrugged and went back to her hiding place. Catnap stared at Dogday. He was looking at the ground with a hopeless look on his face. Then Bubba arrived...

Everyone: "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!"

Dogday said it with a sad tone.

Bubba: "Wow.. You guys really remembered.. Thank you.."

Bubba said while tearing up and walking to the cake.

(Time Pass)

Everyone was giving Bubba his presents now. Hoppy gave him a plushie of his own. Kickin gave him some cyan skates. Catnap watched as Bubba opened his presents then looked at Dogday. Dogday looked like he was stuck in his own mind. Catnap shaked Dogday.

Dogday: "Huh.. Oh..."

Dogday frowned when he saw that it was Catnap

Dogday: "What do you want..."

Dogday said looking away from Catnap. Catnap whispered quieter then usual.

Catnap: "Here, take mine. I don't want to stay here any longer..."

Catnap threw his present to Dogday and Dogday catched it. Catnap slowly opened the door and left. Dogday didn't know how to feel. He stared at Catnap's present until...

Bobby: "Dogday? Are you gonna give your present?"

Dogday looked at Bobby and the rest of he critters. They were all waiting for Dogday to give his present.

Dogday: "Oh i uh.. Yeah!"

Dogday slowly walked up to Bubba and handed the present over to him. Bubba quickly opened it. It was a fluffy purple sweater. Bubba put the sweater on.

Bubba: "Woah thanks Dogday! This thing is very soft... And warm.. I love it!"

Dogday: "Im glad you like it!"

Said Dogday a bit hesitantly. After the party ended and everyone left Dogday stared at the opened package. He decided its best to go home and think about that on the go. Dogday walked outside. Forgetting to close the door. The door slam shut. Dogday looked back and it was Catnap hiding behind it.

Catnap: "I Never even wore that ugly thing..."

Catnap walked up to Dogday.

Catnap: "I Told them i was sick to get out faster... Birthdays make me sick..."

Catnap slowly walked away going home.

Dogday: "Catnap?"

Catnap stopped looking back at Dogday. Waiting for him to continue.

Dogday: "Thank you."

Catnap let out a annoyed sigh and kept walking home. Dogday was happy about the present Catnap gave but he was confused on why he hates birthdays and why he tripped him. He also walked home alone. When he was near Catnap's house he wanted to take a peek inside, even though he knew it was wrong.

The house was too tall for Dogday to see in. He couldn't use the windows as they were high up. Dogday then found a ladder somewhere and used it to climb onto the open window. He took a peek inside and saw Catnap watching old episodes of The Smiling Critters. Then suddenly the window shut. Dogday got really scared and fell down with the ladder breaking his leg. He was screaming in pain.

Catnap: "Oops..."

Catnap was the one that shut the window with a remote. Catnap didn't want to injure Dogday though. All he wanted was to scare Dogday away so he would stop stalking him. He quickly got out to check on Dogday.

Thanks for reading part 2! ❤️ Again if you spot some errors feel free to correct me. The story gets more into the ship starting from part 3. (hopefully...) i enjoyed writing this one and i hope you enjoyed reading it too!