Week Seven, Thursday

    When Ayano wakes up in the morning, her phone has multiple texts waiting for her. Ayano ignores them, getting ready for the day instead. It’s only once she’s out the door, walking to school with the five guys, that she opens them up.

    The first text is from Musume. 

    ‘ I didn’t have a nightmare! I didn’t expect this to happen for, like, weeks!’ 

    Ayano smiles at the text, glad that Musume had a restful night. 

    ‘ I’m glad. I stopped having nightmares after I spent more time surrounded by friends. Perhaps the lack of loneliness is helping? ’ Ayano sends the text, feeling sure of her reasoning. After all, being with friends allowed Ayano to realize that she’s safe, and that Otohiko is gone .

    Now, if only Ayano could stop double checking random corners, that’d be wonderful.

    ‘ IDK what, but I’m totes grateful! I’ve been so tired, I could literally sleep for a week. ’ 

    Ayano giggles at Musume’s text, and lets the conversation end there. She switches over to the other messages, all coming from the Ayano Protection Squad chat.

    Ayano really needs to change that name. 

    Instead, Ayano just clicks on the chat, reading the messages.

    Kokona: So, does anyone want to hang out this weekend? 

    Taro: Maybe, but Hanakō has his entrance exam on Sunday...I’m going to be reviewing with him all of Saturday. I’m free Sunday, though!

    Amao: Oh, right! When does your brother get results from the exam?

    Taro: He’ll get them next Friday! 

    Osano: He better get in! :/

    Taro: I’m sure he’ll be fine. 

    Kokona: Sunday is great for me! What about the rest of you? Also, what should we do?

    Amao: I’m free on Sunday. We could go to the park!

    Osano: I’m free, too. Why the park?

    Amao: Well, it’s warm out, and we could have a picnic!! :)

    Ayano looks up, and spots all of the boys on their phones. Reading the times for each text, she realizes that Osano and Amao have been texting as they’re walking.

    Ayano: The park sounds wonderful, and I’m free on Sunday as well. I’ve never been on a picnic, either.

    The result is instantaneous.

    Osano: Alright, fine.