Character 5

(Author note: this is gonna be a Branch x reader! Just to let you know!)

After a long day of traveling night started to fall and your traveling companions were starting to get tired.

Poppy soon ended up hitching a ride in your breast pocket and was taking a little nap in here. It seems causing all that trouble and singing had caught up to her.

You had offered Branch a nap as well but he had out right refused.

"What? I don't need a nap, I'm not a baby Y/N." Branch told you.

You were taken slightly aback but take this as an opportunity to tease him a little. You have been the victim of too many shenanigans now it was your turn.

"Aww is little baby grumpy?" You said in a funny voice.

He turned to you livid. "Don't you dare."

You leaned down to him. "Poor little guy." You poked him in the side. He tried to hit your finger but it just felt like light tapping. But you still pretend to act hurt which made him even more angry. It was quite cute to see him so upset, it was like a little Chihuahua getting aggressive towards a lab.

You laughed out loud at him. "Your face is going red, you know?"

He huffed looking away and continued to walk forward now a little faster.

"Ok I'll stop," you say. "for now."

You felt movement in your pocket and saw Poppy stick her head out tired looking.

"Sorry Poppy, did I wake you up?" You say.

She perked up and said. "Yeah-Oh my Goodness this place is great for a killer sleepover!" she cried.

Looking around you agree with her. It was a quiet place and had lots of room for you to sleep as will. "I guess you're right Poppy. What do you think Branch?"

He turned around. "I guess." he slightly mumbled, setting down his bag.

Poppy jumped up out of your pocket and pulled a sleeping bag out of nowhere and some food as well.

You all had dinner before you set out your own pillow and blanket and tried to get some sleep. That was until Poppy started saying good night to her friends.

"Good night, Cooper. Good night, Smidge. Good night, Fuzzbert. Good night, Satin. Good night, Chenille. Good night, Biggie. Good night, DJ. Good night, Guy Diamond.Good night, Creek." She touched the picture of Creek." Boop. Good night Y/N And good night, Poppy."

You smiled a little. Despite her being overly energetic she still had a heart of gold and a deep love for her friends that was hard to find sometimes. "Good night Poppy and don't worry we'll find your friends soo." closing your eyes you drift off relatively quickly and deeply.

-the next day.

"So one of these tunnels leads to the Troll Tree." said Poppy looking at a bunch of holes like the ones Rabbits or Prairie dogs would make in your world.

"That's right." said Branch.

"There's so many of them. I wonder which one." said Poppy quietly.

"I don't know," said Branch, not helping at all.

Suddenly a loud echoing voice called out to your traveling parity. "Choose a hole wisely! For one will lead to Bergen Town... and the others, to certain death." You stand over Poppy and Branch protectively.

"Who said that?" called out Branch accusingly.

"It was..." Slowly a tiny figure emerged from behind a small tree and dramatically said "Me." They looked like a cloud with arms, legs and it seemed like his two remaining brain cells were working over time already.