Chapter 7

you were crushing on Branch.

Embarrassed by this realization you sit up straight and look around.

'No one saw that right?' you put your hands around the milkshake. The only person other than Bridget and the king was a single worker that was currently passed out on a chair.

"Ok good," you say, sighing in relief as you turn around. You could still hear the two love birds talking to each other. They were all over each other like a bad rash.

Bridget continued to talk to the king "But being here with you today... makes me realize that true happiness is possible."

"It is!" Agreed the king. "True happiness is a lot closer than you think. It's right here."

"Mmm. That's pretty, I guess."  Bridget said, confused. You discreetly peeked over the booth to see what the king was showing her. The king had the part of this cape that fastened it around his neck in his hand with a green gem in the middle. Suddenly he opened it to reveal that he had a Troll hidden inside the same troll that you were looking for.

"What do you think now?" The king said this wasn't a crime or huge red flag. "I've been savoring this little guy."

"Help!" Cried the Troll. "Mercy!"

"Tell me, my lady" the king continued not listening to the tiny Trolls cry's. "will I be seeing you at
the Trollstice feast?"

Bridget shrugged "well, duh. I'll be working.'' Then she realized her mistake. "It! It. Working it. You know... workin' it."

The king nodded his head in agreement "Yeah! You're not kidding, you will." he leaned in close "Because you're gonna be there as my plus one."

"Really?" Bridget said, shocked.

The king leaned away from her slightly nervous "Assuming you'll say yes?

"Yes! Yes!" Bridget cried out loud, happy as one can be.

"Yes!"

The king and her walked away from the table. "Meantimes, maybe we should find some other way to... work up an appetite." The king pulled up his pants.

"Oh, yeah? What did you have in mind?" she said trying to be sexy.

"Maybe we could have a little run at the roller skating rink." taking her arm in his, they walk off to the roller skate rental table.

Sitting up you walk to the skating rink and see them roll over to the rink, having fun, with each other. Looking around you see the place where music can be played from and walk over, an idea forming in your head.

You pushed the teenager who had a magazine on his face and was also sleeping away in his office style chair before messing around with the controls. After going through some different kinds of music you come across the perfect pop song for the occasion.

Once the music starts Bridget looks away from the king spotting you. Realizing what you had just done she mouths the words "Thank you". You gave her a thumbs up.

"Maybe I should get a job as a full time wingman." you say to the still passed out teenager. Opening the door out you put up your hoodie again and say "you know they should make you employee of the month." you closed the door and walked back to the rink to wait for them to be finished.

After about 30 minutes a sudden force pushed you out of the way. "Out of my way you miserable creature."

You look up in horror from underneath your hoodie at the most hideous creature.

"Don't you know who I am?" She sneered. "I'm the head chief of the castle. Master of happiness! You best remember that before standing in my way again."