Chapter 9

"Ok I'm going, don't need to keep on poking me." you complain to the guards. The guards said nothing as they poked you again. "Ouch that hurts."

Soon the guards came to a door that opened up to a dirty and grimy kitchen. "Damn you live like this-?"

"Hello Y/N. '' said a voice. The guards step back and stood by the door out when the chef appears. "We've been waiting for you." She put her hand on a cage with a cloth on it and pulled it off to reveal Poppy, Branch and the others inside. "All of us." You gasped as you looked at them and back to the chef.

"If I could I would have invited you. But unfortunately you aren't a Troll or a Bergen so you can't join us at Trollstice." she stepped closer. "but there is a place" she paused for dramatic effect. "down in the cold, dark dungeon for you." she said excitedly. "Forever."

"You can't." said Poppy from the cage as Branch watched on solemnly with a shake of his head in agreement.

"Y/N I'm sorry." Branch looked away.

"Take them to the dungeons!" roared the Bergen.

You broke out in cries of protest "please, don't kill them. It's not right to end someone's life to make yours better." you yell as the two guards take you out of the room.

You scramble to get out of their hold but they hold on tightly. "Branch, Poppy I promise I'll get you out ok?" you yell before chef closes the kitchen door grinning madly.

The guards had to basically drag you to the dungeons. You were so distraught about everything that you couldn't even hear what the guards were saying let alone walk properly. Objects and painting passed in a blur as you started at the carpeted floor, the only thing that took you away from this state of mind was seeing someone peeking out and around a doorway but disappearing before you could realize who it was.

Soon the carpete ended and was replaced with hard cold stone as you descended a flight of stairs and were thrown to the ground. A wooden door was slammed behind you as the guards watched you crawl into one of the corners of the cell.

They laughed before moving on. Hugging your knees to your chest you try to keep it together before quietly crying. You couldn't help yourself. First you had lost your home and now you were going to lose your friends.

You hadn't known for a very long time but you still cared about them and they had definitely cared about you in their own little ways. Accepting and welcoming you after getting lost in their world as one of them.

Poppy did her singing and desperate attempts to get you to join them in their fun little activities.

Then there was Branch. Branch didn't show care and love the same way as the others, it was more quiet, subtle and easy to miss. But when you did notice it spoke volumes. And back when he said sorry to you there was so much sadness to it like it hurted him just as much as it hurted you.

"I wonder if he liked me back." you say before crying again at the lost potential.

Soon you had cried yourself to sleep using one of your arms as a pillow to rest on.

"Hey." said someone down the hall. "What are you doing down here?"

Looking up dazed you wipe the tears still on your face away and look at the door as another voice nervously says "I'm here to clean the windows."

'Hey that voice, I know it.' you think, curiosity growing inside you.

"You're here to clean the windows of a windowless dungeon?" The first voice said, confused.

"Really ar-are you sure there weren't any windows down here? Cause last time I chec-" said Bridget.

A crash and splashing sound was heard as well as a dull "funk" as something or someone hits the ground.