Three

The next morning, Aadya cooked breakfast and tea for the family. Her in-laws were to depart to her brother-in-law's place for a few days, so she had to wake up a little earlier than usual to get things ready.

Her bhabhi loved ladoos made by her. She had made all the preparations already. So, this morning she packed them in a box and hesitantly walked towards her mother-in-law.

"Um, bhabhi loves these. If you could..."

"There is no space in the bags" Her mother-in-law dismissed.

"What happened?" Tanay stopped right behind Aadya.

"Nothin'-"

"What's this?" He cut Aadya off. "Ladoos?"

"Haan, bhabhi loves them, so I thought..."

"If there's no space in your bag, mom, put it in dad's bag. Aadya's put so much work and effort into making this, no?"

Not saying another word, his mom took the box from Aadya's hand.

Both her in-laws then walked over to the dining table.

Tanay turned to Aadya. "Are there any left for me?"

"What?" She questioned in confusion.

"Ladoo, Aadya."

"Oh, yeah. I have made enough for everyone; don't worry." She smiled reassuringly.

It was Saturday, Tanay was home today. No work, no headaches.

After breakfast, Tanay helped load the luggage into the cab and bid his parents goodbye while Aadya stood there, beside him, trying to make small talk with her mother-in-law but failing every time.

Once the cab disappeared from their sight, Tanay sighed and unconsciously placed his hand on Aadya's lower back, leading her back into the house.

"Come on."

They locked the door and suddenly, the house felt a bit too big.

It was the first time Aadya and Tanay had had alone time in a whole year.

"I'll go shower, pick a movie." Tanay said, heading upstairs.

"Any movie?"

"Yeah."

Aadya picked up the remote and settled on the sofa. She scrolled through movie suggestions and settled on 'Dil Dhadakne Do' for the time being. She decided she would change it if Tanay wants. Doesn't really matter because she had seen it a few times already.

Thirty minutes later, Tanay came back in a track pant and a white, a little loose, t-shirt.

She suddenly felt jealous of his outfit. The blouse was itching her.

"You can go change into anything comfortable you want." Tanay said. He was well aware of his parents' stone-age thoughts.

"Really?" She asked to confirm. He nodded. "Can I grab one of your t-shirts? I don't have any."

"Sure."

Aadya opened her suitcase from under the bed and shuffled through the sarees and blouses until she saw her sweatpants.

She wasn't supposed to bring them here but she had, just in case she is left alone at home and wants to be comfortable.

Which never happened until now.

She put the pants on, grabbed a random t-shirt from Tanay's side of the cupboard, and tied her hair up in a bun before coming down.

Tanay almost immediately noticed the change in her mood. She seemed a little happy and relaxed.