Twelve

Aadya laid on Tanay's bicep, her one hand under her head and the other on his chest, drawing random patterns with her fingertips.

Tanay laid wide awake, staring at the ceiling.

"What are you thinking about?" She slowly asked, placing her hand on his face, tracing his jaw.

He took her hand in his and brought it to his lips. Kissing her palm, he shook his head. "Nothing."

She stared up at his face, her fingers tracing every inch of his face. He was a beautiful man.

"Have you ever had a girlfriend?" She asked.

He looked down at her, smiling, and shook his head. "No."

"Never?"

"Mhm."

"Never ever?"

He let go of her hand and pulled her face up by her nape. He pressed a firm kiss to her lips. "Never ever ever."

She smiled softly. "Talk to me. What are you thinking about?" She asked again.

"I'm thinking if we should pack our bag tomorrow and leave or a couple of days later and leave." He looked at her. "What do you think?"

"The later." She said. "It will not look good if we leave immediately after...your argument with papa."

"Hmm." She stretched up and kissed his jaw under his ear. "So... Fashion designer?"

"Yeah." She sighed.

"Did you want to open your own boutique?" He asked, pulling her on top of him and sitting back against the headboard.

"Yeah." She smiled. "I was even offered an internship at 'GALA'."

"Ishaan Chopra's brand?" He raised his eyebrow in surprise. She nodded. "We secured a deal with them last year. When they launched their summer clothes or something."

"Really? That's so cool." He brushed her hand with his fingers.

"Do you still wish to open a boutique of yours?"

"Is that all?" Tanay asked Aadya when she handed him the last bag.

"Yes, but I'll go check once again." She said and went to their room again.

A while later, she came back and told him that was all. They turned to the parents and together they kneeled down to touch their feet.

"Chalte hai hum dono. Phone karenge aapko." Tanay said, getting up. He hugged his mother and father once. He didn't want bad blood between them.

The Uber outside honked impatiently.

"Come on." He took Aadya's hand in his and pulled her out towards the door.

He loaded their bags with the driver and opened the door for Aadya.

She sat in and soon, the car pulled out of the parking space.

After they'd made it to some distance, Tanay wrapped his arm around her shoulders and pulled her to him, kissing her head.

She smiled and leaned into him.

"Sir, love marriage hai aapka?" The driver grinned at the couple.

"Nahi bhaiya, marriage ke baad love hai." Tanay said, making everyone laugh.

"Acche dikhte ho dono saath mein." The driver said.

"Arey, shukriya. Aapka shaadi hua hai?"

"Nahi na. Humko Jo ladki pasand aaya hai, woh humare gharwalo ko pasand nahi. Hum kya karein batao?"