Chapter 15: Reverse

Yaron and Saleos are a great help, and so was Lambert but his main concern was you and he kept doting over you and frankly it was beginning to annoy you.

"Lambert, I'm fine, you don't have to worry about me".

"I know, I just don't want to get worse". You look closely at his expression and see a hint of fear, this time, he needs to be comforted.

"Everything will be alright", he searched your eyes to see if he could find any doubt in them but came out empty, he reluctantly dropped it and trusted your judgment.

When the sun finally set you gladly got in your tent, you did not realize how tired you really were, it was a rough night's sleep but got the needed rest, in the morning you did what you usually do and tended the farm first thing.

"Good morning (Y/N)!" the sudden yell so early made you jump; you turned to who called you and felt relief.

"Morning Namar, glad to see that you feel better".

"It's thanks to you, I'm full of energy, now let me help you" You accepted the extra help, the morning duties passed in a breeze, the rest of the Followers were now out and fed, the day felt like it was passing slow and you felt bored, you walked around the cult looking for something to do now that the farm is done with, you stopped in front of the shrine, it has truly developed, the sticks that was used at first is now stone and stood on a red wooden pillar. Seeing Lambert made out of stone was strange to you, to the Followers he was a leader, a God even, but to you, he was still your brother who annoyed you by just existing when you were kids, it made you wonder if things will be different in the future and how things might have turned if this prophecy never existed.

"(Y/N), BENEATH YOU!" you saw Barbatos run towards you, heeding his warning you looked down, it was a black puddle, before you can register what is going on the ground you felt disappeared, the falling sensation turned your stomach upside down and things turned black.

When you could see again you also felt the ground under your hooves, in front of you was Bishop Kallamar, you see four other Followers who looked just as scared, you look to Lambert who appeared to be possessed, floating above the ground and eyes glowing red, he strains to get control again.

"Lambert?" your voice was barely a whisper you look back at the Bishop of Pestilence, your breath hitched in your throat when He sent out green magic it whizzed out entering the Followers and yourself, your stomach could not take any more of it, you leaned forward and emptied the contents of your stomach.

You got sent back to the cult, a few of the Followers who got lucky not to get sent to Kallamar went to you, they were asking if you are alright, what happened, if they should get you anything; but it was all muffled to you their voices was just one big noise, it did not help that your head was spinning and in pain, the sun burned your eyes and your own body felt too heavy for your legs to carry you.

You looked up at Barbatos and only said two words, "The other?" talking was a bad idea as the vomiting feeling came back up, but you managed to keep it down this time, you squint your eyes open to look at the Followers who got cursed, you noticed that they looked worse compared to Namar when they got sick.

"We are taking them to their tent to rest, you should too" you wanted to complain but came up empty, Yaron helped on your hooves using their trunk and extra support, you took one last shacky glance at Lambert's shrine, it felt as though it was looking right at you, not being able to keep your eyes open you started to feel faint and that's when you passed out.

You started to wake up when you felt something wet on your forehead, you had no strength to sit up, but you could open your eyes, you look over and saw Lambert and noticed you are in the healing bay.

"You're awake!" his excitement caused a rush of pain to your head.

"Shhh...".

"Sorry, how are you feeling?"

"Like I'm dying".

"Don't joke about this" he sounded so serious, he removed the rag off your head to wet it again, when back on your forehead it was pure bliss. It washed away some of the ringing headache "Here, drink this", he gave you a cup with the same beverage you used on Namar, it was as disgusting as you remember, but it helps.

"How are the sick Followers?".

"They are doing fine; they are on bed rest". The silence was comfortable and when listening closely you could hear crickets, you looked out a small window and it was nighttime. Lambert got the rag again feeling that it was way dry, due to your fever, he soaked it in the water bucket and placed it again on you.

"So, this is how you and mum felt when you two took care of me". A grieving tone was laced in his words, he misses your parents and so did you. "You should rest, you need it".

You could only nod, you got in a comfortable position and let sleep take you away.