Chapter 25: Just Some Time

When you all returned to the cult you followed Lambert to indoctrinate The One Who Waits, as you walk closer to him you can hear him grumbling to himself. You wait for Lambert to say something to him, but Lambert can only glare at him.

"What do you want now, you damn lamb?" You know the aggression is not towards you, but you still feel unsafe with his tone.

"Do what you want, just don't cause trouble here" Lambert begins to leave you and the ex-Bishop.

"Huh? No wait, Lambert!" The short interaction between the two left you stunned, you look down at the cat unsure how to feel about him, yet you still extend your paw out, "Here, let me help you up".

He looks at you then at your paw, he hesitates at first but then slaps your paw away, "I don't need help from anyone, especially you!" He lifts himself up and stumps beeper into the cult.

Although your spirit got crushed a little, something caught your eye as he slapped your paw away, it was his wrist, his fur around the area is matted with clumps missing reviling his skin, and the exposed area is an irritated red with bruises and scars, from what you can tell he has been pulling at his chains when his siblings banished him, you look down at your own wrists that still has the cuffs, you guess your own wrists will look like his.

You decide to give Narinder some time to himself, but keep an eye out just in case, somehow you feel empathy for the former God of death, he is all alone and the Followers are too scared to even be near him.

Little work was done by the Followers throughout the day, but not you, you used the day to finish any chores that were left undone and made a tent for Narinder. The night is drawing near, and the Followers are ready to forget the stressful day, before you go into your tent you see that Narinder has not left his spot, he is sitting on a tree stump, looking down to the ground, lost in his thoughts.

You approach him trying to make some sound to not startle him, your attempt is successful as his ears twitch to your sound.

"What do you want now, you damn little lamb?" his voice is softer this time compared to when he first spoke.

"Well, it's getting late, and you must be as tired as the others, you should get some rest, follow me to your- ".

"I already said I don't need you!"

He cut you off before you could finish your sentence, there was so much hate in his eyes.

"Alright, your tent is next to mine if you need anything, goodnight" you spoke just above a whisper, not wanting to disturb him any further you made your way back to your tent. you do hear him trying to say something to you, but you are not in the mood to get yelled at again.

________________________________________________________________________________

Quick A/N

At this point, I will be speeding past the Relics Of The Old Faith portion of the game so there won't be too much repetition, still sorry for the updates being so irregular!

Have an angy Narinder to brighten your day!