•chapter 6•

The sun from Vei's open window clashed with Vei's eyes, making her pupils shine brightly. She just woke up because she heard some ladies talking outside her room. They were talking about exploring the outer court, Dizayin Village. Vei freshen herself up in the shared bathroom in the building, she had scrapped off the dried mud on her dress and renew it since she had burned her old robes. I want to start fresh. That's what she thought yesterday when she packed her stuff. She actually planned on travelling to the Wang empire before the day of the examination, but she couldn't reject Yemeng's offer. Anyway, she went back to her room, still in her sleeping robes because she didn't want to get the dress wet because of the wet bathroom floor. Passing the room beside her's made her remember the night before. She sighted and ignored that traumatic noise playing in her head. After changing into the dress, Vei decided to go to the prince residence. She hadn't forgotten what she promised to the examiner and the prince the other night. She walked towards the door of her room, making sure her stuff were brought with her.

As soon as her hand rested on the door, a knock came and startled her. She opened the door, to see a lady standing with her hand retreating to her torso. She saw Vei looking at her, expecting an explanation.
"Hello, I'm sorry to disturb you, but are you lady Wen?"
Vei nod. The lady smiled at her with sympathy, she almost looked embarrassed. "Im Ren Kangan, the second Ranked. I'm sorry if.. the noise from last night disturbed your sleep."
A sheepish grin played her lips, this lady, was the person having intimacy nextdoor. Vei gave her an understanding look. "It's alright.. I was quite tired and heard nothing much" she played dense. The lady just nod and let Vei mind her own business. Vei left the building she stayed in, when she reached the entrance of the building, a guard stopped her tracks. He told her to follow him to the crown prince residence, which Vei agreed happily because she doesn't need to walk there instead, she can use the carriage.

Arriving at Infront of the prince residence, Vei couldn't help but fall asleep because of her restless journey last night, but as soon as her eyes close, she yank them back open. The carriage had arrived Infront of the of the crown prince's residence. Vei stood outside of the entrance while the guard left on the carriage. She wasn't alone because there were other guards who Vei assume where told to patrol outside. She walked up the stairs to the entrance of the residence, than turned to the guard that stood near the big door. "I'm here to talk with the crown prince." The guards gave her a nasty look before scoffing to themselves. "Sure, sure. I'm sure the prince will kick you out as soon as he See's you. Or maybe, he'll kill you." The guards laughed at their jokes, Vei gave them a simple glare, ready to fight back before a stern voice silenced them.
"It seems like you fools are joking around while on." They turned to the voice, the big door was now opened, revealing a frowning Shijun. The guards excused themselves and turned back to their duties, abandoning the laugh.

Shijun's frown turned into a smile, he looked at Vei in a teasing manner. "Hello Lady Wen!" He tilted his torso while his hands behind his back. The two headed in the residence while the teenage boy decided to continue their little chat from last night. Vei being Vei, hummed in response to everything. They passed some maids who greeted them before going back to what they were doing.
While still talking, Shijun stopped his tracks and turned to Vei. "Shi-jie, is it alright if I call you Shi-jie?"
"You already started calling me Shi-jie from yesterday, why do you ask for permission now?" She asked in a nonchalant tone. Shijun scratched his head before lowering his gaze, "his highness said I was being very rude yesterday. I have stepped over of your boundaries. I apologize sincerely. Also, I was joking about calling you Shi-jie."
Shijun was going to bow, Vei saw it coming and stopped him. "Stop it, young disciple Shijun. Your rank is higher than mine if your very close to his highness." She blurted out. Shijun, who was now back to his teasing expression started celebrating in an invisible party. "You remember what I told you!" He pulled his arm into a fist saying 'yes!' in a manner. Vei wondered if this was the same person that made the guards back down.