CHAPTER 61: School's out, buns out?

ODESSA

School's over and I am in Portland with my parents.

America, Jessica and I were supposed to go on trip but since they are not friends and she is working things out with JB, I am stuck home—where I am sort of grounded because of Kai.

Damn, Choi Dynasty.

America decided to go to California with the boys and Jessica took a job at an acting camp for teenagers to save up for a place to stay in for senior year.

Both very unappealing options but both still better than a summer at the Dominaka training Centre. Which is a fancy word for day care because I spend my days re-learning weaponry and martial arts.

That's right, the Russian mob aka the big Dedushka doesn't play around with the safety of a girl who still insists she doesn't need a bodyguard to attend university.

I'm not even the spare, I'm 3rd in line for the seat.

THIRD!!!

I've been home for 2 weeks and I'm losing my mind because Cassie finally met someone and is spending his vacation with them while Felix is on some pre-med summer program at Harvard University of Medicine.

Now, it's just me and my body builder trainer Viktor. Who is responsible for the aching and bruises all over my body. He doesn't even speak any English and he is not even interested in learning.

"Not my culture," he said in brooding and broken Russian English accent when I offered to teach him.

I know they have nothing to do with that but damn, Choi Dynasty.

"Hey girl." America is at the beach and her background on our FaceTime call is breathtakingly beautiful while mine is the rain.

Did I mention our 'training Centre' is sort of a castle in a mountain? Yeah, bloody Russian mob but at least our house is downhill with the normal people.

"Hi." I pout when John B hands her a flowery drink. "How is summer vacation?"

"Good but I miss you," she sips and beams with delight. "I really wish you were here Odie."

"Me too," I remove my spectacles. "How are things with John B?" I turn around to lay on my stomach.

"Good but he's still on probation," she gives him sly smile. "Vecker says hi," she says to someone whose response makes her laugh.

"I'm hanging up. You're giving me total FOMO." I glower and she passes the phone.

"Then get your ass here Vecker," John B's face is on the screen now. "Tommy's father rented us a beach house for the month and we're going to Catalina for the 4th so just get on a plane dude."

"Nice try but—" there is no way my grandfather is letting me bail training because he found out about the almost marriage too.

Damn Hidalgos.

"I can give you one reason to get your ass here," he interjects.

"Entertain me," I roll my eyes and he turns the camera.

It takes a second for the image to focus and once it does, it shows a shirtless Liam in navy shorts by a beach bar. He is with a busty blonde in a yellow bikini (of course) and they are laughing.

"You're foul for that." I laugh like it doesn't bother me but my throat closes up as I watch her touch his abs.

Fucking touchy L.A girls.

"I'm just saying, school is 2 months away and from here we're going straight to Basketball camp which means you won't see him till your birthday," he faces the camera at his suddenly punchable face.