[ seven ] chūnin exam. [pt. 2]

SENJUTSU TRAINING, or 'Sage Training' came a lot easier to Kiyoko than would have thought. It helped that she was a Yamada and that she was already in tune with the world and naturally already held nature chakra in her body, a massive chunk of the training was thankfully not applicable. Kiyoko didn't really have a lot of time to be wasting on learning the basics she had already learnt when she was younger, so skipping this step was a huge weight off her shoulders. Technically speaking, Kiyoko already held the necessary amount of nature chakra naturally to become a Senjutsu master, if the markings on her arm were any indication – however that idea was immediately shot down by her mother.

Kiyoko had spoken with Misuo and told him that she would be training with her mother until the second task, apologising for messing up the schedule they had agreed on in which Kiyoko would spend half the time training with her mother and the other half training with Misuo and the rest of the team.

Yamada's had to have nature energy in excess to enter 'sage mode', and Kiyoko's passive absorption of the chakra was never going to get there if she didn't concentrate.

As it always is with the Yamada clan, Kiyoko was meditating again but this time, she was deepening her connection with the world around her while also attracting the nature chakra to her body.

"You need to be able to practice calling to earth, concentrating on entering Senjutsu mode before you are able to take the step further and enter it subconsciously," her mothers voice explained. They had been at this for hours, but so far Kiyoko had not had any luck.

Kiyoko didn't reply and maintained her pose. They had started off easy in a half lotus position and once Kiyoko managed to activate her sage mode she would be placed in a more advanced bracket and must balance herself on a round boulder while sitting on a small board.

The world came to life around Kiyoko, and the young girl swore that when she peeked out her closed lids, she could see her mother's aura surrounding her turned away figure. Her mother emitted a white aura, with light blue swirls flittering their way through the white pool; Kiyoko felt a wave of calm wash over her, smiling to herself as she closed her eyes again.

Kiyoko took in a sharp breath as her body felt empowered by the nature energy and opened her eyes fully, grinning as she saw the vines that covered her wrist glowing.

"There you go," her mother encouraged proudly, "good job."

Smiling at her praise, Kiyoko tentatively touched her face, almost afraid of losing concentration and being thrown out of Senjutsu mode. Kiyoko had two stripes on either sides of her cheeks that ran across her face, the colour a deep red colour that matched her hair. Her eyes where still green but had a cat-like slit down the irises and Kiyoko had realised that her teeth felt sharper, too.

Kiyoko felt that she had really earn her mothers nickname, 'rose petal' even more now than what she did before. Her mother placed a soft kiss into her hair, pulling back and ruffling it affectionately.

"Hm, usually there's a bit more energy at this part," her mother muttered to herself as she looked at Kiyoko's calm, curious observation of her now glowing marks, "let's work on making it as easy as breathing, hey?" her mother said, making Kiyoko beam at her words.

Nodding enthusiastically, Kiyoko began hopping from one food to the other rapidly, "I'm gonna crush it in no time! Just you watch mama, I'm going to be the greatest Senjutsu master that ever lived!"

"There it is," her mother giggled, watching Kiyoko with fondness as the girl rapidly began practicing taijutsu on the air before vaulting up a tree and doing a back flip out of it, the force of her landing causing a crater. Kiyoko ignored it and began all out sprinting throughout the forestry, disappearing in a dust of smoke before reappearing with Ichiraku Ramen in her hands, the food still hot.