[ eleven ] war is time consuming.

KIYOKO'S LIFE was, like Rin, Obito and the gang said, overrun by missions. She relied on Natsumi to take care of her mother more, now that she was living with them (the two Yamada's had been... persuasive to say the least). Natsumi took on D-rank missions on her own and when Kiyoko and Kazuki would be back from the front, they would go on a C-rank with her and Misuo-sensei. Kiyoko had turned into the main breadwinner of the household now that she earned more, and providing for three people was no easy task.

Natsumi and Yue spent more time together, Yue naturally coaxing out more of the negativity that Natsumi was consumed by. Small progress was made for Natsumi's mental health, but it was a long journey and Yue hinted at Natsumi becoming a teacher at the academy when she made chūnin – which she would. Natsumi seemed cautious of the path and quietly talked to Kiyoko about it, who seemed ecstatic at the prospect, telling Natsumi that she was a natural teacher already and talked about early into their shinobi careers how she would teach both Kiyoko and Kazuki.

Kazuki and Kiyoko did a lot of missions together. They played the role of brother and sister, Nezuko and Tanjiro, during espionage missions. Kazuki had grown a lot since becoming a chūnin and decided (with Misuo's help) that he would wield a large broadsword and work on more close-range fighting, which was needed. He began to excel with his long-range fighting, employing many long-range weapons and techniques that made him a formidable opponent. Together, Kazuki and Kiyoko made a name for themselves, 'The Twins' – despite not looking anything alike.

"Go left," Kiyoko signalled to Kazuki as they stalked their target. The boy nodded wordlessly, disappearing in the desired direction.

There was a mole in Konoha's midst. Nara Shikaku, the Jōnin commander, had assigned the task of apprehending the mole and bringing him back to Konoha after finding out who he was feeding information to and eliminate the enemy nin. It was simple, in theory.

They saw the enemy nin that the mole was meeting up with and Kiyoko waited for Kazuki's signal before she would strike. She would be taking down the enemy and Kazuki would be grabbing the mole.

"Now!" she heard Kazuki yell as he leapt from the trees, pinning the mole to the ground. Kiyoko sweat-dropped and quickly attacked the enemy nin as he tried to escape, sending a look to Kazuki.

She shook her head, "that wasn't the signal, Kazu-kun," she chided, dodging the enemy's attacks. Ducking under the enemy's swing, she punched upwards, successfully breaking his arm in half.

"I thought it would be easier." Kazuki said simply as he knocked the mole out, sitting on his back as he watched the fight pan out.

The enemy nin cried in pain, stumbling backwards as Kiyoko quickly took advantage of the injury and drove a kunai in his chest, the man spitting blood as he fell to the ground, unmoving.

"Next time we stick to the signal," Kiyoko sighed, grimacing as she seals the body away, quickly cleansing his body of the negative energy that plagued him. Killing never got easier. Cleansing the battlefield, on the other hand, did. Other ninja thought she was weird when she would linger around a few seconds after a battle, holding up two fingers as she closed her eyes. They couldn't deny that breathing felt a little easier after she was done, though.

Kazuki slung the guy over his shoulder with ease, "alright, alright." Kiyoko's lip twitched as she placed the scroll in the front pocket of her flak jacket.

"Let's get this back to Konoha and get some dango," Kiyoko chirped, "on you!"

Rolling his eyes fondly, Kazuki started off in Konoha's direction. Kiyoko always made him buy their food, which was fair considering how little she ate compared to him. He knew that she had a soft spot for sweet things and didn't mind buying as much as she wanted, he loved spoiling his little sister after all.