San

"So how did you enjoy your evening, son?" Your father questioned a sly smirk on his face.

"It was good. I really enjoyed it." You stated, taking your place on a hide.

Your father chuckled, running his hand through his goatee.

"An amusing sentiment arose this evening from Akai's father." He stated, crossing his arms.

"Oh, what did he say?" You questioned, placing your back against the wall of the igloo.

He leaned forward, placing a piece of wood on top of the warm fire.

"He said that Akai was smitten with you. So much so that his father proposed that his son should propose to you." He explained, turning your face red.

"W-what!?" You exclaimed, pulling yourself away from the wall. Looking in surprise at your father.

"W-what did you tell him?" You questioned, looking to your amused father's face.

"Well, I told him as wonderful as the sentiment of joining our families together is. I said it was totally up to you. You are your own person, after all." He finished, scratching his head.

Your crimson face eased up as you let out a sigh. Your father looked to you with genuine concern in his eyes. With a little wave of his hand, he summoned water to the teapot over the father.

"It is your total decision. All I want for you is happiness and joy." He stated, placing a tea cup in front of him.

"T-thank you, dad. But I think I-." Your eyes caught onto a floating black particle in the air from the chimney hole.

You held out your hand, catching onto the tiny black particle.

"Black snow?" You questioned, feeling the ash in your hands.

Your father's eyes widened in fear. In an instant, your father pulled his cape over his shoulders and began to run out the door.

"Y/N, stay here!" He exclaimed, running out.

"Dad? What's going on!?" You questioned, rising to your feet.

An eery silence filled the igloo home before the ground started to shake. You clung to the wall in shock as the shaking grew increasingly violent. Until screaming swallowed the sound of shaking. This was the nail in the coffin.

You pulled your coat on and quickly ran outside.

Great balls of flame covered the sky landing across the ice plane. Your eyes watched in horror as the warriors of the village charged forward. The elderly, women, and children quickly fled to the great hall.

From the sky, black snow fell upon the white plain. The wall that hid the village for so long was breached by three Fire Nation ships. From above, multiple firebenders came upon the village.

"Quickly, hold them off! We will deal with the ships!" Your father exclaimed, leading the charge of warriors.

Your father, as if through second nature, quickly fended off the incoming firebenders. With a flow of his arms and twist of his waist, he summoned a ring of water around him. Blocking incoming fire blasts. With a flick of his wrist, he fired the water in tendrils, trapping the firebenders in ice.

You watched in awe as the waterbenders fought against the firebenders. There was something off, though. You looked up to the waxing moon. It's light, weak, and dim.

"No, they planned this out." You muttered, looking back to the waterbenders.

The amount of water being summoned was far less than what was usual to these warriors. The winning waterbenders slowly began to retreat. Being overwhelmed by the heat of the firebenders.