Jyuu San

The pair of you guided through the halls of the ship.

"So what's your name?" The avatar questioned, following behind you.

"Y/N Pangchao." You replied, you stopped just in front of a few of the soldiers in the hall.

You quickly grabbed onto the Avatar.

"What are you doing?" He questioned in surprise.

"Follow the flow." You whispered to him.

"Guards, I got him!" You yelled, drawing their attention towards the pair of you.

The guards hurried over, prepared to take the Avatar.

"Now!" You yelled, quickly pulling the water from the pouch of water you had on you.

The Avatar quickly forced a stream of air forward. Sending one guard flying into the ceiling. Incapacitating him instantly. You quickly manipulated the water, slamming the other guard onto the wall. Encasing him in ice along the wall.

"What did you say your name was?" You questioned, returning the remaining water to the pouch.

"Aang." The boy replied in a smile.

You nodded, returning to your hastened pace alongside Aang. The pair of you glided through the halls, dealing with any interference along the way.

It was a long time since you felt this rush of battle. It felt invigorating.

The pair of you appeared at the entrance of Zuko's chambers. Aang's staff stood just right there.

"There! I'll keep watch. Now hurry!" You exclaimed, turning away from the door. Aang nodded, quickly rushing into the room.

You watched as he reached for the staff. The door had shut close before your eyes. The metal barrier before your eyes was tightly shut.

"No!" You exclaimed, clutching at the door. You heaved and pulled as hard as you could. But the doors would not budge.

"Damn!" You yelled, turning away from the door.

You didn't know what to do. If you left now, there was no telling what Zuko would do to Aang. An aggravated huff escaped your throat as you prepared to break down the door.

Just as you lifted the water from your bag. Iroh grabbed onto you, pulling you back.

"Y/N, it's time!"

"Iroh? But I need to help Aang."

"There's no time. We have to get you out of here." Iroh explained, quickly pulling you away.

"No, wait!" You yelled, following after Iroh.

Iroh dragged you to the lower levels of the ship. A boat floated behind the ship as Iroh hunkered you into the boat. You felt such terrible emotion rush through you.

"Aang is in danger, Iroh. If we lose the Avatar, I can't imagine what would happen." You stated, settling into the boat.

"Don't worry, Y/N, the Avatar is sure to be able to handle himself. Now you have to get going."

"But Zuko, I."

"Y/N, my nephew is not in his right mind. I fear what he may do to you, especially knowing you helped the Avatar escape." Iroh explained a frown appearing over his face.

"Remember Y/N, you must be careful. There is a change coming. Change that will shift our current circumstances." He stated, running his hand through his beard.

"Z-Zuko will be mad. Really mad, he's likely going to come back for me, right?" You questioned, Iroh shook his head.

"Now that my nephew's target is here. He will chase after it. Your village will not be in danger. I made sure the original strike was secret." Iroh stated, letting out a sigh.

"He'll forget about me.." You muttered.

Flames exploded from the deck above. Iroh turned back in shock.

"Now, you have to leave!" He exclaimed, pulling the rope off the boat. Letting it free from the ship.

"Iroh! I won't forget your kindness! I owe you my life!" You yelled, the boat falling behind quickly.

Iroh waved back a bright smile over his face. You watched as the ship you knew for a month sailed forward. Zuko's pride moved forward without regard for you.

Your heart ached as you watched the ship sail forward. You only hoped you played some part in Aang's escape.

It was heartbreaking, but you couldn't allow someone else to chart the way you'd navigate your life. You let out a breathy sigh before you rose to your feet. Iroh was a kind man, and you would miss his kindness. Zuko was your first real love. You'd never forget that.

With a swing of your arms, you quickly changed the direction of the boat. Manipulating the water around the boat. You sent the boat flying the other direction. The village they visited had to have been Wolf's Cove. Meaning it was at least half a day away from your village. You had to get there soon.

Just as soon as you were getting good distance. A gust of wind sent you back a few yards back. Your eyes looked up to the sky. Being instantly attracted to a sky bison?

You watched the grand beast fly about. The creature was flying towards Zuko's ship. A smile appeared over your face.

"Awesome." You muttered, looking back to the open sea.

"I hope it all works out for you, Aang."

You lifted your arms into the air. Flicking your arms to your side. Sending the boat sailing forward.

Leave it all behind. Just leave it all behind. You repeated to yourself in your mind. Trying to justify why you were leaving without saying goodbye. It didn't matter. You were free. That's all that was important.

 That's all that was important

#

904