Jyuu Ni

"Stay here, Y/N. Whatever happens, do not reveal yourself." Your mother instructed, putting a cover around the box around you.

"Mom, I can help."

"No, leave it to me and your dad."

"There! Check that one!" A fire nation soldier yelled.

The night of a new moon. Your most hated day throughout a month. That night, someone in your nomadic tribe tipped off the Fire Nation about your location in the Earth Kingdom.

The Fire Benders came with such a fury that was matched by an equal amount of force by your tribe. Although on a night like this. Your tribe ripped through them like fine cloth.

However, another force came from a different side. Splitting the power of your tribe to protect from both ends. It was a difficult situation, even with the most masterful of waterbenders on your side.

Your mother retreated in an attempt to keep you away from the battle, but that night, the only death was your mother.

"Commander Jeong Jeong, she's in there!" A soldier yelled.

"Enough, leave her to me." The commander Jeong Jeong yelled, sending off the soldiers.

Jeong Jeong...

The man that killed your mother.

"Y/N, you must stay here. Zuko will be retrieving the Avatar. In the event there are injuries, you must be ready." Iroh explained, sitting you in your room.

"But I can help." You replied, making the old man laugh.

"No, Y/N, this is something you must remain separate from. I do not know what Zuko may do now that he is this close to his goal." Iroh explained, rising to his feet.

"Be prepared. Your time for escape may come sooner than I expected." Iroh stated, opening the door and exiting.

You sat there in thought. A certain disappointment was running through your veins. As soon as Zuko saw that, he quickly abandoned you. It was as if his fate and honor were far more important than whatever relationship you two shared.

The intrusive thoughts had filled your mind. Poisoning your feelings as you rotted in that room.

You hadn't an idea how to deal with these emotions. Although you wanted to bottle it up and continue on happily. It was a difficult subject to move past.

You gripped onto your sleeves. Thoughts running through your mind so fast that it made your head ache. The thought of Zuko not liking you made you feel upset. It was a terrible feeling, like you were being forcefully chained to this arrogant, ignorant prince.

Just as you were happily steeping in your own self-pity. You felt the ship rock. The gentle shaking caused by an outside force. You rose to your feet, feeling the strange vibrations underneath your feet.

Just then, the door pulled open. From the opening, Zuko emerged his eyes bright with ambition.

"Get to the sickbay now!" He yelled quickly, disappearing into the hall.

Your mouth opened to speak. Only for disappointment to choke you. Your head dropped like a dog you obeyed. Walking out of your room into the halls.

Appearing in the room, you never quite seen. The sick bay had two Fire Nation Soldiers. The pair of them laid beaten on the metal slabs laid out for them.

A sigh escaped your lips as you quickly bent water from a few nearby pots. Conforming the water to your palms, you walked to the first soldier. You allowed your hands to hover over his beaten body. The water began to glow as you healed the first soldier. Moving onto the next one.

"You two should be alright now. Just take it easy for a while." You instructed.

"Thanks." The pair stated rising up and walking away.

You looked away, returning the water at your hands into the jar vases at the side. As soon as they left the room, they were sent flying back into the room. Your eyes widened as the beaten soldiers lay across the floor.

Just then, a boy poked his head in. His head bald, and a blue arrow tattoo lined the center of his head. The Avatar?

"You wouldn't have happened to see my staff?" He questioned in a perky tone.

"N-no, but it's likely in Zuko's private quarters." You replied, stepping forward.

The blue of your clothing revealed to the boy. His eyes widened in surprise.

"You don't look like a fire nation soldier." He exclaimed. You let out a laugh, nodding.

"I'm definitely not. I'm more fashionable." You replied, holding onto your arms. This made the boy laugh before you continued.

"No, I'm from the Southern Water Tribe village named Tó'sikaaz. My village was attacked by Zuko and a fleet of Fire Nation Ships. I was captured by them." You replied, a pout taking over your face.

"Really? Well, I can help you break free!" The boy exclaimed, walking towards you.

"No, no, I can't afford to." You replied, the frown taking over your expression.

"Why?" He questioned.

"The only reason I'm here was to save my village. I fear that if I leave now. They'll attack again." You answered, holding your hands out. Shaking your head in defiance to the boy's proposal.

The boy frowned, his happy demeanor dropping.

"I-I'm sorry. I was gone for 100 years. This wouldn't have happened if I had been here." He muttered.

"No, no, it's not your fault. This was bound to happen. There's no stopping a river once its flow begins." You replied, your face in a frown.

The boy looked depressed as he stood in front of you. You swallowed your sadness and brought on a smile.

"But, that doesn't mean I can't help you escape. I can take you to Zuko's quarters." You chimed, holding onto the boy's shoulders.

"Really?" He questioned the cheerfulness, returning to his tone.

You smiled, nodding to the boy.

"Now let's go. I'm sure we don't have a lot of time!" You exclaimed quickly, running out of the room.

The young Avatar following after you.

#1000