Chapter 26 - As Long as You

After a moment of hesitation, Xu Bai Chuan opened the door.

With his head initially slightly lowered, Cheng Xu raised his head at once when he heard the door creaking. The moment he looked at Xu Bai Chuan, his pitch-black eyes reflected the light seeping out from inside the room, making them shine.

Frowning, Xu Bai Chuan asked, “What do you want?”

Unlike those thin yet flashy clothing he wore in the past when shuttling between banquets and parties which showed that he didn’t fear freezing to death, it appeared more like he casually grabbed a black down jacket as he hurriedly left to cover himself. Both his sleeves and shoulders were puffy so his figure couldn’t be discerned at all which immensely reduced his temperament of being a Korean drama protagonist.

Appearing somewhat exhausted, Cheng Xu pushed open the door, entered and flicked Xu Bai Chuan’s forehead as he passed him. He shamelessly said, “A friend came to visit from afar. Cheer up, Little Comrade Xu.”

Xu Bai Chuan wore a wooden face: “Do you want me to break your hand?”

A friend visiting from afar? What friend?

As Cheng Xu chose to ignore him, he plopped himself down on the sofa after entering and cozily exclaimed, “So warm!” Then he unzipped his down jacket, clearly with no intention of leaving.

Xu Bai Chuan found that his exposed fingers and ears were slightly red as if he was waiting outside for a long time. He couldn’t help wondering, didn’t Cheng Xu return to B city already?

“Why are you in H city?”

Cheng Xu sat up from the sofa, took a glance at Xu Bai Chuan’s hair and asked, “You just showered?” Then he leaned over to search the coffee table before standing up and circling the living room. After that, he headed towards the bathroom.

Xu Bai Chuan didn’t quite understand this surge of action and asked, “What are you looking for?”

Cheng Xu strolled into the bathroom and came out with a hairdryer. Acting as if it was his own house, he then pulled over a powerboard and said, “Come over, I’ll help you blow-dry your hair.”

Unmoving, Xu Bai Chuan asked once again, “Did Tang Jin tell you to pick me up?”

He had barely finished his sentence when that smile plastered on Cheng Xu’s face from the moment he entered slowly disappeared. Cheng Xu looked at Xu Bai Chuan from head to toe once more while the hand gripping onto the hairdryer tightened and his knuckles whitened. Changing his expression from playful to calm, the corner of his lips suddenly raised upwards, exposing a knowing smile. “You’re going out?” Those deep eyes locked onto Xu Bai Chuan’s body, ruminating as he said, “No, that’s not right. I should be asking, are you and him—good now?”

Xu Bai Chuan appeared surprised. “Didn’t Tang Jin tell you to come here?”

Cheng Xu stubbornly said, “Answer me first.”

Accustomed to this kind of attitude, Xu Bai Chuan thought that he was back in one of those ‘moods’ of his again. He impatiently said, “No. Don’t you worry, I’ve said that I won’t be entangled with Tang Jin any longer. Since I’ve said it, I can do it. Can you leave now?” Earlier on, he only opened the door because he believed that Tang Jin told Cheng Xu to pick him up. Since that wasn’t the case, there was no need to continue wrangling with this person.

Xu Bai Chuan was just about to drive him away when Cheng Xu suddenly took one step closer, grabbed his wrist and urgently asked, “Are you going to see him? Why?”

The cold air on Cheng Xu’s body had yet to scatter as the smell of chilly winds lingered on him. Xu Bai Chuan flung his arm off and was disinclined to answer. He grabbed the hairdryer and tried to chase him away. “It’s none of your business. I’m busy and don’t have time to entertain you.”