8. [ Your unforgettable smile, like a sword through bones ]

Destined: to meet you
Chapter 8: Your unforgettable smile, like a sword through bones
≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

With the help of Hong Yi's assistance, the journey to Chang'an proves remarkably smooth, culminating in their arrival on the third morning

The Minister's residence, nestled away from the bustling city, exudes a tranquil ambiance. As they approach, a man in his fifties, distinguished by wrinkles yet emanating a powerful presence, stands at the door. Beside him, a woman stands, gracefully holding his arm, a white piece of cloth veiling her eyes.

Mr. Zhang Guan, the esteemed Minister of War, and his wife Mrs. Zhang Meijuan welcome them warmly, radiating genuine hospitality.

"Thank you all for coming on short notice. It's a pleasure to have you all here," Minister Zhang warmly conveys, a smile gracing his face.

"It's our pleasure to be invited by you", Xiang Yun responds.

"Come inside; you all must be tired," Mrs. Zhang invites, her sweet voice resonating as the white cloth covering her eyes flutters in the breeze.

Stepping into the house feels like entering a different world, far removed from the city's chaos.

Beyond the gates, a realm unfolds where gardens bloom with symbolic grace, whispering ancient philosophies. The central courtyard, a tranquil heart, bears witness to power's ebb and flow beneath timeless architecture. Lacquer and gold leaf weave narratives of opulence, mirroring the minister's prestige.

Curved roofs, reminiscent of a mythical bird's wings, cradle the secrets of bygone eras. Wooden structures, adorned with ageless carvings, stand sentinel to tales etched within their fibers.

Within these hallowed walls, stories unfold, intertwining characters with the essence of carefully chosen furnishings.

The house becomes a living testament to the delicate dance of the courtly life stage where alliances are forged, and echoes of political intrigue reverberate through ornate chambers. In the luminescence of lanterns and the rustle of silk, the house becomes a symphony of history and splendor.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

As Lin Chao Xing reclines on the inviting bed, the gentle embrace of the soft mattress mimics the sensation of lying on a delicate feather. The bed adorned with silk bedding, bestowing both opulence and a cocooning warmth, creating an inviting haven.

After graciously escorting them to their room, Mr. and Mrs. Zhang extend a warm invitation to join them for lunch. They suggest a delightful repast to follow a period of refreshing and resting.