9.[ Looking for a miracle named forever, walking together until death ]

Destined: to meet you
Chapter 9: Lookinf for a miracle named forever, walking together until death
≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

After lunch, feeling a slight strain in her eyes, Mrs. Zhang excused herself and retired to her room to rest.

As Minister Zhang led the group through the garden, an undercurrent of tension palpably hung in the air, punctuated by the sweet fragrance of blooming flowers enveloping them. Each step they took seemed to echo the weight of the moment, amplifying the seriousness of their gathering.

Xiang Yun's astute observation broke the silence, her words carrying the weight of the unspoken truths they were all grappling with. "Minister Zhang, summoning us using our Master token suggests that matters at hand are indeed grave."

As the group stood in silent contemplation, Lin Chao Xing's thoughts were drawn back to the significance of the token.

Each member of the scent carried a token, symbolizing their belonging and pride within the group. Xiu Ming and Song Xiang Yun cherished theirs as a testament to their identities and honor.

The token held by Master Song Qin Wen, passed down through generations, bears a weighty legacy of pride and reverence. By entrusting it to Zhang Guan,Song Qin Wen conveyed his debt and respect toward Minister Zhang through the passing down of the token, a symbol of their longstanding bond and the trust.

In that moment, Lin Chao Xing felt a wave of realization washing over her. The token in Minister Zhang's possession wasn't merely an object; it embodied trust and responsibility, urging them all to approach their mission with unwavering commitment and determination. The air was charged with a palpable sense of reverence, underscoring the monumental task that lay ahead, demanding nothing less than their absolute dedication.

A shadow of concern flickered across Minister Zhang's face as he acknowledged, "Xiang Yun, you're right. The matter at hand is indeed serious. In fact..." Before he could finish, a small figure darted towards him and enveloped him in a tight embrace. Instantly, his countenance transformed, worries evaporating into thin air.

Minister Zhang knelt down, lifting the little girl whose ebony hair cascaded down her back in long strands.

"And who might this be?" Liu Xi Wang asked.

"This is my daughter, Zhang Weiwei," Minister Zhang beamed proudly as he introduced her. As he lowered her to the ground, with a shy smile, Weiwei clung to her father's hand and peered cautiously at the unfamiliar faces.

Lin Chao Xing crouched down, a gentle smile graced her features, her long hair billowing in the breeze, accentuating her serene countenance. Extending her hand, she softly murmured, "Weiwei," savoring the sweetness of the name. "What a lovely name," she added, her smile enchanting, capable of melting the hardest hearts.