Demon Slayer AU

[Y/N] put on the basket fill with coals strapes onto their shoulders, adjusted their haori as they stood up from their kneeling position.

"[Y/N], you know I can do the selling of our coals right?" they turn towards the sources of voice and saw their father, Trollex approach them with napkin.

"You got some dust of coals on your cheeks, here." he wipe the black mark from [Y/N]'s face. "Are you sure you can do the sells?" [Y/N] smile at Trollex, "Of course, don't worry dad. I will come back before night came." they state.

"I know, it just.... I don't want to loose you.." their face soften, "I know dad, I'll be careful.." Trollex look down with a small tear dripping on his cheek.

"Just be careful yeah, kid?" Synth said as he chopped the woods, looking towards his older brother and [nephew/neice] with a smile.

[Y/N] nodded before turn around and start making their way through the snowy mountain.

"Be careful on your way down, [Y/N]." "I will, Grandpa, Grandma. I want everyone to have a great feast this year of New Year." they said to their grandparents before resuming their way to the village below.

.
.

*TimeSkip because it's 3 a.m in the morning*
.
.

[Y/N] was on their way to head back to the mountain after the night has fallen, "Hey kid!"

They stop their track and look towards the old man carrying a yellow parrot. "It's late right now, you shouldn't walk around at this time." he state, "Don't worry, I have my dagger with me so I am safe, Mr. Biggie." [Y/N] state but Biggie insisted them to come in.

"Hurry inside before the demon came.."

Regardless of statement, [Y/N] sigh and just get inside Biggie's house. The old man gave a plate of food in front of the neon green hair kid ans both start to eat together.

"Say, Mr. Biggie, what is a demon that you mentioned about?" [Y/N] ask while munching on their food.

"Demons are a man-eating creatures that always lurking out at night.." Biggie state, the kid's brows furrowed. "So does it mean the demon can intrude your house?" Biggie nodded, "Yes, that is why there's a slayer that always came to kill those demon and protect us." the old man state while patting his pet parrot.

Bidding each other goodnight, [Y/N] stare at the ceiling for a bit before finally closing their eyes and sleep while trying to push aside the uneasy feeling in their guts.

The next day came by and [Y/N] bid Biggie goodbye before heading back up to the snowy mountain, it was cloudy even though it's morning.

In midway through, they stop. Eyes slowly widen. 'Why....why can't I felt the vibration like always..?' they though and they quickly broke into a sprint towards their house in worried, when they close by they could smell blood.

They skid to a stop of their way, eyes wide in horror at the sight in front of him.

Trollex's body was outside while seems to be trying to protect their grandmother but both of them were unmoving with blood surrounding them on the snow.

They quickly ran forward and look inside the house where the remaining dead bodies of their family, Synth has eyes lifeless numb eyes stare back at their horror one as blood gush through his stomach and neck while their grandfather was slightly holding onto their aunt, as in he was trying to protect her.