| 24 |

The next morning I woke up in Landos arms

The next morning I woke up in Landos arms. He was carrying me out of the hotel, smiling tiredly down at me when he noticed my open eyes.

My limbs ached, my mind ached, and mostly my heart ached, deeply and painfully.

"Good morning sunshine" I heard Landos voice tell me, the feeling of his soft lips against mine following, before I quickly drifted off to sleep again.

We drove for a while I'm quite sure. Every now and then I'd wake up, and realize I was laying in Landos lap. I'd feel his fingers in my hair, see the tears in his eyes and then my eyelids would force me away once again.

─── ⋆⋅☼⋅⋆ ───

I blinked. The hum of an airplane filled my head. I thought it was just one of my bad headaches, but then I noticed that I actually was on a plane.

And then it clicked. I, we, were going home.

I looked up. Once again I was in Landos lap, his eyes immediately locking with mine. "You're awake" He said, more to himself than me.

"I am" I responded, forcing myself to ignore the pains and aches I felt everywhere. I let a smile curl up my lip, as Lando carefully traced his finger along my face.

"You're annoyingly gorgeous" He mumbled under his breath, finally letting a smile creep up his own lips.

"Annoyingly?" I questioned him with a grin, enjoying the warmth and safety, that his simple touch brought me.

"Yeah, you probably feel terrible right now, and yet you look like a fucking goddess" Lando responded, letting his fingers creep into my hair.

"A goddess huh?" I jokingly replied, grinning as I watched Lando roll his eyes, with the cutest smile.

"Shut up" He mumbled in response, pressing his lips against mine. Once he pulled away again, a satisfied smile covered his lips.

I could hear the others speaking in the background, but I couldn't see them. And in the moment, I was grateful for that.

All I wanted was to be with Lando, just him.

"You taste of medicine" Lando remarked in a whisper, brushing strands of hair out of my face. I chuckled, closing my eyes for a moment.

"Great." I responded sarcastically, forcing my eyes open again, just so I could look at Lando.. I was quite sure I could spend hours just staring at him.

A silence fell between us, and I couldn't tell if it was the good kind or the - there's amassive elephant in the room that we need to address but we're too scared - kind...

"If you could change one thing about me, what would it be? You can't say nothing." Lando suddenly asked, the gentle smile still coating his lips.

I softly laughed at him. It was such a random moment to pop that kind of question, but I went along with it anyway.

I didn't have to think long before an answer came to my mind. "I would make you think better of yourself." I answered, truthfully.

Lando stared at me in surprise, his smile slowly fading away. "I don't think badly of myself" He responded, but we both knew it was a lie.

"You're way too hard on yourself. You blame yourself for everything. You destroy yourself when you make the smallest mistake" I said.

I might've not known Lando for long, but it felt as if we'd known each other for years. He knew things about me, that I didn't know myself, and it was the same the other way around.

Lando stayed silent for a moment.

"But I don't think badly about all of this" Lando joked with a sly grin, pointing to himself..his appearance.

"Stop being witty to try and avoid the subject" I told him, with a strict look, but once I looked at that mischievous smile, It was impossible to hold back my smile.

"That's just how I am London-girl" Lando responded, grinning as he reached down to softly peck my lips.

I rolled my eyes, before I smiled back at him. "I guess the playboy part of you will never really disappear" I said, knowing how much just the word playboy, irritated him.

"Oh piss off!" Lando replied, rolling his eyes as his sweet laughter filled the plane. And just like that, my Lando was back.

I swallowed hardly, as a thought emerged in my head.

"What would you change about me?" I asked, my voice now quiet and unsure. It suddenly felt like such an intense question.

Lando chuckled, looking away from my eyes. He didn't even need a second to find his answer.

"I'd make you healthy."

Previously I'd thought that my sickness was the thing that could pain me the most, but in reality it was simply those four words from the person I loved more than myself.

I felt like sobbing, I felt like throwing up, and weirdly like laughing. But I didn't do either of those things. Instead I asked the question that had been burning inside me for way too long.

"Lando?" I spoke up. Immediately his gaze snapped towards me. He nodded softly.

"Can you take me to Bristol?"

_________________________________

The end is nearing...