| 25 |

Lando held my hand tightly as we stood at the doorstep

Lando held my hand tightly as we stood at the doorstep. My mother was on my other side, her traditional dish in hand.

I was heavily medicated. So much that I'm quite sure that I was actually high. And yet, nerves stormed through me.

"They'll love you" Lando whispered in my ear, leaving a soft kiss on my cheek, before he lifted his hand and knocked on the door.

Immediately we could hear footstep nearing. My heart beat faster and faster.. this is a mistake. I shouldn't have suggested this. Oh god-

Just as I thought I might've had a heart attack, the door opened.

Inside the house stood five people, all smiling brightly. Landos mother, father, brother and his 2 sisters.

"Oh it's so great to see you!" Lando's mother immediately exclaimed, pulling Lando inside her arms and placing kisses in his hair.

I softly giggled as I watched them, my heart warming. I could already see the happiness on his  face. This was his happy place.

"Everyone, this is Emma," Lando introduced me, with a sweet smile. My heart stopped for a moment, but when I saw them all smiling, relief filled me.

"and her mother Susan of course, but you've already met her" Lando reintroduced my mother, who they already knew since she was his race engineer.

"Oh hello sweetheart, I'm Cisca" Landos mother started by introducing herself, smiling the exact same way Lando did.

"We've heard so many great things about you darling" She continued, Lando jokingly rolling his eyes over the comment.

By the way she looked at me with pity, I knew they'd also heard everything about my sickness.

"Yeah, all we've heard from Lando these past weeks, has been about you" Landos brother chimed in, a arm wrapped around their fathers shoulder.

I softly laughed, looking at Lando as he squeezed my hand gently. "I'm Oliver by the way" Oliver introduced himself, shaking my free hand.

Landos father quickly followed suit. "I'm Adam, as you can probably guess, I'm Landos father" Adam said, reaching in to give me a hug instead.

Adam quickly moved on to hug my mother, before a woman suddenly shouted from the kitchen. Oliver grinned, and excused himself to leave.

Adam took this as his que to lead us inside. "Let me take that for you" Lando gently said, helping me take off my jacket, as I pushed off my shoes.

I felt embarrassed by own lack of capabilities, but I knew I wasn't being shamed for it. Inside the Norris family's house, I was welcome. I knew that.