Chapter-5

"It's the connection we can't explain"

"Are you okay, Y/n?" With his hand resting on my shoulder, I turned to face Jungkook when he asked me with his concerned tone. "Mhm, He was very senior to me that's why I couldn't say anything." Sighing, Jungkook kept his eyes on the road again. I opened the car's window and felt the crisp, cold air hitting my face, causing my eyes to water as I closed them.

"You dare touch her and be ready to experience your death"

His words didn't leave my mind even for a second, I could still feel his touch on my wrist. Why would he do that? I thought.

Flashback

When Taehyung told the minister not to touch you, the minister drew back since it was too clear that the warning was unquestionable. "Don't ever speak to her in that way, she is getting paid for her hard work, and these law enforcement professionals work more in a day than you will ever be able to in your entire life." Taehyung remarked, slightly dropping his voice, He added "Not only her, but all of them are qualified to be in the position they are in now."

He moved his gaze from the minister to you and peered at you for a long time devoid of expressing any emotion. "We are working hard on the case," Taehyung remarked to the minister, his brown eyes gleaming as he looked at you. "Let's Go." With a gentle voice, he hauled you violently out of the club. "Let my hand go!" You told him while attempting to liberate your wrist from his hold. "I said let me go, Are you deaf?!"

Instead of dropping my wrist, he gripped it tighter. Walking towards the car he slammed my physique against it. slightly keeping both his arms on each side of the car he caged me. "What the heck do you want?" When he slammed it on the car, I let out a terrible moan cause my body ached badly. "See yourself, how vulnerable you were in front of him." With an icy glare, he declared, "Why does it matter to you?" I fired back as he clenched his teeth and scrunched his eyes, looking frustrated.

"To me, it matters a lot!" He said lowering his tone a bit.

"Where were you all morning, and why didn't you mention anything to the department?" He questioned me practically shouting, as it was becoming difficult for me to contain my rage and shove his body severely. "I was out for some important work, which should not affect you at all. This is my life." He groaned and poked his inner cheek with his tongue. "Oh Important work with 'Jeon Jungkook' " He emphasised the name, adding, "Or important personal work with Jeon Jungkook?" He finished his statement, raising his brows.

I lifted my hand to give him a tight slap, but he halted my hand movement and forced it behind my back, twisting it slightly. I ranted at him for the way he behaved. "How dare you comment on my private life! Bloody Bastard—" Before I could finish my statement He gritted his teeth and said, "Watch your mouth"