Chapter -5

4 years ago

"I want to see him" Celestina's helpless voice echoes in the room.

Alrich sighed heavily. "You know I don't know where he is".

"Its been seven months since I last saw him. I am his mate dammit I deserve to know where my mate is. What happened to him? What happened to us?" Celestina whispers the last part her hands clutching her hair tightly. The agitation and frustration clear in her voice. She looked nothing like the woman he once knew. She maintains her proud arrogant aura but something is changed she's scared for herself and her family. She is the kind of wolf you have to look twice to see if its real because she's is that beautiful. But right now she looks agitated and scared fluttering around without any real direction. It's rare to see her like this since she's all about appearances.

Even in a state like this she was dressed impeccably and makeup done to perfection with not a single hair out of place. The dress she was wearing probably cost monthly income of at least three families. And he can't even put a price on that jewels. They are priceless. They have been in her family for centuries.

She's sweet and polite to everyone and yet she feels unapproachable. She always feel the need to emphasize the gap between the rich and poor. Hierarchy matters so much to her as if the poor needs to look poor and needy in her eyes while she acts like their wealthy savior. 

"You know exactly what happened to him Celestina. It's not safe for you. You remember what happened last time. He's unpredictable and...unstable" Alrich couldn't help but remind her. Last time she went near him despite his warning, she ended up with severe injuries and bruises. She had to stay inside for a month to avoid any suspicion from the pack members. Although they're already aware of their relationship.

"He is my mate. He will never hurt me. Everything that happened before was a big misunderstanding. He didn't mean to hurt me. He'll never hurt me intentionally" her voice hard and loud.

"Keep telling yourself that. It will only make you feel better but it is far from the reality. Even pack members know about this. Wake the fuck up Celestina" Alrich yells her name and bangs his fist on the table. He's tired of explaining this to her again and again. She's arrogant, stubborn and selfish just like the rest of her family. Why couldn't he see that earlier. May be because it was easier to blame her than face the reality of the situation.

But still he feels sorry for her. She has already lost her brother now Bjorn, her mother is on her death bed and her father has fallen into a state of depression. 

Celestina pointed her fingers at him. She is so angry that her wolf was ready to pounce on him. "Do not take that tone with me Beta. I am after all the Luna of this pack. I do not like what you're insinuating. My mate is fine and he will get back to me happy and healthy. This has nothing to do with that bitch. Nothing at all. She is finally gone from our lives and now we can both finally move on and start our own family. I finally had my revenge. This is what I always wanted and I made it happen" her expressions looked crazed. It looked like she was convincing herself more than him. But this subject has always triggered her. It brings the worst out of her.

Alrich rises from his chair and walked towards her. "Never take that tone with me Luna" he said mockingly. "I am the one who's managing everything in the absence of the Alpha so believe me when I say this" fur rising as his wolf stands on all fours snaring. He doesn't like this manipulating female.  Never have. 

Celestina doesn't flinch one bit she's after all an Alpha's daughter. She bits back the growl threatening to come out. The fabric of her dress is crushed within her fists. She needs to step back and play her cards right. She needs him right now. Alrich is after all the acting Alpha. Out of all the Betas he is the one Bjorn trusts the most. Her she wolf rumbles she is not at all pleased at this disrespect.