Chapter -7

Persophone

My heart stopped for a moment. I never thought I'll see those eyes ever again. Every thing stilled for a moment. We just stared at each other in silence. I don't know what to say or what to feel. I felt a sense of loss so great that tears started coming up. My time has finally come and even though I've been on run for eleven years, it still gonna be the best part of my life because I was free for all these years. The feeling was so overwhelming that I found difficult to breathe.

He looked different, meaner, scarier and more dangerous. But standing here in front of each other I can finally see what every one has always told me as realization dawned upon me. The difference between us is so wide that it's impossible to cover it now. He's like a king while I'll always be a subject. In my heart I accepted it a long time ago but looking at him again felt liberating today. I am exhausted, utterly exhausted. I could have run last night but I waited because subconsciously I wanted him to find me and end this cat and mouse game. I feel like I am ready now to be with my mother. I tried my best but I can't anymore. My time is here.

He's still young as ever while I have aged because of my dormant werewolf genes. In few years I'll perish like I ever existed while he will continue to live on without me. Suddenly I was feeling very self conscious looking at him. We are like parallel lines, destined to walk together forever but never meet. I couldn't help but feel sorry for myself in this very moment. I wanted to be free and live the rest of my life peacefully and in my last moment I wanted to thank my mother for this incredible gift and join her and my daughter in Elysium. I wanted to be with the people that love me even a little bit as I take my last breath.

His eyes which had a hue of golden earlier where now completely golden. The appearance of black veins on this face and hands meant he was just a step away from complete shift. His wolf has always scared me. He has hated me just as much as his human. I never seen any wolf hate their own mate. My heart was hammering in my heart. This could easily end up so bad for me. 

I took a step back knowing very well that the hot pan will sear my skin but before it could burn me his hand wrapped around my waist and every inch of my body was pressed against him. His arms locked around me in a tight grip. My eyes widened because this is the first time he has ever touched me willingly without hurting me. He smelled just like before strong, powerful, enough for me to become breathless. I didn't realize that there were others in the room with us not until their synchronized footsteps faded away.

He was staring at me with such intensity as if I'll fade away the very next moment. He pulled me towards him till there wasn't a single inch between us. Our lips were so close that we were breathing the same air. I could see every inch of his face the curve of his lips, his beautiful eyes. But his eyes dear goddess....he has the most unusual pair of eyes like the color of ocean when first ray of sunlight hits it at dawn. So fucking pretty. His hair have grown longer, below his shoulder giving him a rugged dangerous look. He's always has been the most gorgeous guy in the room, the one you have to see for yourself to believe. I felt like I was seeing him for the first time. I have never been this close to him. 

I looked away from him my cheeks heating up from sudden realization. I must be looking hideous to him. He's still the same while I have aged like a human. Living among humans for all these years, I have never been bothered by my age. Perhaps because I blended so easily with them or perhaps it assured me that someday I will cease to exist, that my suffering will end some day and I do not have to live like this much longer.

My chin was lifted up and a sudden jolt of electricity went through me. I tried to move away from his embrace but it only made him tighten it. He softly caressed my cheeks and I find myself looking in his eyes again. I stiffened when he buried his face in my neck followed by deep rumble from his chest. His thick arm tightened around me to a point that I couldn't move an inch, solid strength in every fiber. His shear size was the proof that this male has never lost a fight in his life.