10 - HIS WILL NOT MINE

Song for the Chapter: I am THINE, O LORD

••••••••••••••

Time flies and we never see whither it goes... just where it lands us.

••••••••••••••

••••••••••••••

"So I will want a Burrata bruschetta for a start. Don't forget I only want homemade balsamic vinegar with it..."

And that was where Vincenzo lost Violet. She had thought preparing meals for the whole family was the hardest task she had undertaken. But, she was in for more it seemed.

How on earth am I going to make balsamic vinegar myself?

"And, I will probably want Timballo di Maccheroni as the main dish. And for dessert..."

Oh, there is more? She arched an eyebrow. She braced herself feeling like a prey a predator had finally caught.

LORD, if ever we have a say in the timing of the Rapture, I think now will be the best time. I am ready to be spirited away.

"And where will he end up if I come now?" The Soft Gentle Voice chided.

Violet felt a twinge of shame at the direction of her thoughts.

Forgive me, LORD. But, a thought hit her. Can YOU save him now and take us all right now?

She did not know if it was her imagination, but, she thought she felt her SAVIOUR chuckle.

"You know what? Forget the dessert." Whew. "But, there are more papers you need to check on and grade afterwards."

"Afterwards?" She gulped. "You mean... today?"

"No, I mean in a millennium."

She clamped her mouth shut and nodded—like a robot she thought. Giving a slight bow, she hurried to her tasks.

She sure was glad school was on break.

~~~