15 - WHEN I GIVE UP, PLEASE DON'T

Song for the Chapter: Yet, by the KING will come (yes, this song again)

‼️Trigger Alert!‼️

•••••••••••

Quote for this Chapter: "GOD moves in a mysterious way, HIS Wonders to perform..."

•••••••••••

•••••••••••

Returning from the trip, activities in the Ferraris Villa were in full swing, and preparations for the upcoming wedding were being made

A new maid had been hired, relieving Violet from her duties of serving Vincenzo. But she was not altogether free—both within and without.

Some part of her thought that it was good he avoided her, for she felt so filthy and could barely face anyone—not even Clarice as they all joined to make the preparations. She tried her possible best to distance herself from the rest of the family as much as she was able—especially, Alessandro.

"Violet, dear," Clarice met her in the corridors and called her name as Violet tried to walk faster and pass her by. "Have you checked with the Royal Bakery about the cake for the wedding?"

Violet forced a smile, something which had become habitual since that night in Luxembourg.

"Yes, I went to check on them myself. Everything is in order."

Clarice looked her in the eyes and seemed to notice something was off, but she let it go and hastened to check on the other things needed for the D-day.

The preparations helped her take her mind off the incident—at least when she was busily working.

But, she could not deny the pain and the ache that tortured her wounded body and soul. Of how she had been defiled.

Gone were the nights of prayer too, and her hunger for THE WORD had dribbled to a halt. She could feel the darkness enveloping her every second.

The Light that had seemed to turn things around in the gloomy household had faded away. Her vision of the supernatural had also grown dim as she drifted from her SAVIOUR.