14 - YOUR END, HIS BEGINNING

Song for the Chapter: GOD'S Not Done With You by Tauren Wells (kindly try to listen if possible, please 🙏🏼🥹)

••••••••••••••••••••••

¡Trigger Warning in the following chapters!

❣️Dedicated to people who have seen such traumas as abuse, being suicidal and such, some of whom I know and are close to me. THE LORD be your Strength. ❣️

••••••••••••••••••••••

Quote for this Chapter: "GOD moves in a mysterious way..."

••••••••••••••••••••••

"Are you okay?" Violet asked the obviously pained Vincenzo, concern etched all over her features as she stooped down closer to him

He had a hand over his chest, gripping tightly. It was the first time she had seen him look so vulnerable.

"Water," he muttered weakly.

She hurried to unscrew her half-empty bottle and handed it over to him, saying a prayer in her mind as she did so.

He gratefully accepted it and emptied it quickly. With a sigh of relief, he leaned back toward the hunk of the tree, taking in deep, steady breaths.

"Thank you," his voice was tender, something she had never heard before.

"Are you sure you are okay?" Her eyebrows were still knit with perturbation. She found herself leaning closer to sit beside him.

And upon closer inspection, she noticed the scars that marred his heart. Not just the physical agony he had experienced, but deep jagged lines of pain and scars marked his soul.

She also noticed something different. Yes, the icy indifference was still present. But, something had changed, and she could not put a finger on it.

A healing? Where had that also come from... and when? She thought.

"I'm alright," he pushed himself away from the tree and stood up. "I will be leaving early. Want to join me?"

~~~