Six swords(Pt.2) Ch.34

Maya's POV

''These poor men were half mad by the time they reached our shores. They were threatening violence between each other. Violence is forbidden on the table of Aslan so they were sent to sleep.'' I didn't like the sound of that. The queen asked.

''Will they ever wake?''

''When all is put right.'' The star reassured. ''Come.'' She said as she turned around. ''There is little time.'' We followed her outside, in a forest. I didn't trust that woman. There was a part in my head that said it was another Evil's way to lure us. The woman led us to a balcony that seemed more part of the forest than a building. ''The magician Coriakin has told about the Dark Island.'' She said as she stared at the island she talked about. It didn't look that frightening on Coriakin's map. It looked angry. I had seen so much different magic in Narnia that it wouldn't surprise me if an island was angry. Especially not with these thunders that happened only inside the island. It wouldn't take long to be unstoppable, the woman warned.

We had to find the last sword to destroy the Evil. ''Do you know where the seventh is?'' King Edmund asked.

The woman pointed at the Dark Island. ''In there. You will need great courage.''

Everyone's heart skipped many beats, but there was nothing else we could do to save Narnia. Narnia was important. The civilians were too. ''Let's go then.'' I firmly said, ignoring the fear in me. I turned around to walk inside and only stopped when the woman became a star again and flew on the sky. We told the sailors what had to be done and none of them was calm, but none of them said anything. We would fight.

It took us the rest of the night to reach the Dark Island. We took rounds on sleep that night. No matter how much we didn't feel like sleeping with the thought of going right inside the Evil's island in our minds, we managed to get some sleep.

The Dark Island was even more frightening from up close. It was getting colder the closer we were getting to it and an unwelcoming smell was getting stronger. ''Archers, prepare yourselves.'' The bald man yelled, snapping me out of my thoughts. I was in the archers team, but instead of bows and arrows like I have been training to use, I had my wand. We thought that it might be more helpful especially with the possibility that the patronus charm could be a way to stop the Evil.

''No matter what happens here.'' King Caspian said form behind us so we all turned around to see him. ''Every sailor standing on this ship, had earned their place in the crew of the Dawn Treader.'' He said. I knew what he meant and I was sure the others knew it too. We would have many losses. Perhaps we would all die. Let's face it. It was a hard battle. Nevertheless, we heard each encouraging word like it was the last one we would hear. It probably was. Nevertheless, we all stood our ground and we welcomed whatever the future held. If I would die that day, I would be proud to be remembered as Dame Maya, the Faithful. ''Together we have faced difficulties. Together we can do it again. So now is not the time to fall for fears and temptations. Be strong! Never give in!'' He confidently said, probably not knowing he was giving us strength with his words. ''Our world, our Narnian life depend on this. Think of the lost souls we're here to save. Think of Aslan.'' His last sentence made me feel stronger, more determined as if The Great Lion was here, ready to fight with us. Maybe he was. Who knew/ ''Think of Narnia.'' King Caspian finished and took a steps down when a sailor yelled at the top of his lungs:

''For Narnia!''

''For Narnia!'' I yelled as loudly as I could too, followed by the voices of every person on the ship. We yelled those two words repeatedly, until we felt so brave, our hearts could explode. Then we were ready and we got inside the Dark Island feeling braver than we ever did before and more than we probably will even be.