009. Betrayal

Song of this chapter : The night we met — Lord Huron

Instagram

_________

_________

Real Life

There it was plastered out for me to see in all its evil glory. Callum kissing another girl, his ex, the same pop super star that ruined meeting Cals parents for me. I couldn't even process the likes or comments, I was sick to my stomach. I closed my eyes trying to erase the images from my mind. Praying that it was all just some big fucked up prank on me. I didn't want to know how many people saw it or all the people who had yet to see it. I didn't even want to read any of the comments. All I know is in that moment everything I felt for him, the entire world I was starting to build that surrounded him, it all came crashing down. I knew it was too good to be true. Famous celebrity and a bookstore employee, now that's laughable.

incoming call from Emma

Emma Chamberlain and I used to be close friends. Like soul tied friends, but after we both hit our twenties a lot changed, Emma got popular in a different way than I did, and most of her days consisted of brand deals, making YouTube videos, and existing on the red carpet. I was seeing her a lot less, which caused us to talk a lot less but we still caught up whenever we could.

I guess the news has got to her though seeing as her name lit up on my screen. I answered after realizing it was still ringing.

"Elsie, are you okay?" "Hello!?" "Elsie can you hear me?" "Please answer, Elsie hello?!"

"Yes, hi sorry I'm here."

"Are you okay?"

I laughed lowly trying my best to push away the tears. It seems that everyone always asks the question "are you okay" when you're in fact NOT okay.

"Yea I'm fine."

"Elsie, are you okay, are you sure."

"Positive."

I was not okay, I actually think in this moment I am FAR from okay.

"Do you wanna come over? Hang out like old times? I'm willing to sit through as many Barbie princess movies as you'd like I still know they're your favorite."

I laugh, but this time it's a real laugh, not a sarcastic one like earlier. And I feel the tears I was trying my best to fight slip through. I didn't know if it was because of Callum or because my old best friend was trying to comfort me.

"I love him" I say quietly sobbing.

"I know" she replies. "Come over, please Els"

I hesitated for a bit. "Okay" "I'll be there in a bit"

"Okay don't even worry about driving here I'll come pick you up"

"Alright, Bye"

call ended

——————-

I got up from bed and walked over to my mirror. I stood there, looking at myself, looking at the mess I was starting to become. I decided to shower and repeat a few "you are enough" affirmations in my head. It didn't make me feel better.

After the shower, I decided to just throw on a small knit sweater and sweats. I attended to my cat's needs, giving her water, food, and a quick bath, before getting the text from Emmani signaling she was here and making my way downstairs.

"Hey babes," she said patting my back as I sat in her car. "Hi" I said weakly smiling up at her. "Guys are just the worse am I right" she says joking trying to cheer me up. One thing I always remember about Emma is how she never failed to cheer me up. It could be my worse day ever but hanging out with her always brought my spark back. I missed this so much, I missed us so much. It's really funny how someone could go from spending every single day with you to rarely ever seeing you. Great, now I'm thinking about Callum. And here come the tears.

"No, no, no, no!" "Absolutely not!!" "No crying in my car" she says quickly wiping my tears. "You know what you need?" She asked. I look up at her confused. "McDonald's and Beyoncé, we need to channel your bad bitch energy." I laugh at her response because McDonald's, Beyoncé, and bad bitch in the same sentence was not something I was expecting to hear today.

-
"CAN I PLEASE HAVE, UHHHH, TWO LARGE COFFEES, TWO LARGE FRIES, AND UHH 2 10-PIECE CHICKEN NUGGETS PLEASE!" Emma yelled through the window. "Will that be all?" "YEA! THANKS!"

"You know, Emma, I don't think you have to yell that loud for them to hear you," I say laughing. "It's New York, everything has to be loud!" she replies in a duhh tone." "Also Ems why did you order coffee, 1 it's almost 8 pm and 2 WHY'D YOU A GET TWO LARGES!?" I ask comically. "Because a small is a dollar, and a large is a dollar and sixty-nine cents, I'd rather get more bang for my buck." "Couldn't you just order one large and we split it?" "Oh yeaaa, well too late now, looks like we're pulling an all nighter WOOOHOOO!" I rolled my eyes and laughed again. This girl is truly comedy gold.

Emma rolled down the window and grabbed our food, "THANK YOU!" she rolled the window back up.

She handed me my food and we began snacking on our way back to her house. "Emmaaaa I'm all out of fries gimme some of yours." I pleaded. "No bitch I paid good money for these!" "But I just went through a breakup" I say pouting. "Ohhh so now your gonna pull the breakup card on me wowwwww!" I laughed as she handed over the fries. "I'm only giving you them because if I eat anything else I literally might combust." she laughed. "You're the best!" I saw cheesily smiling at her. I know I've already said it, but I've really, really, missed this.

As we pulled into her driveway I thank her for buying me food and inviting me to her house. "Yea, yea, the foods great but I just wanted to hang out with my girl again." I smile and follow her as she begins walking to her front door. Emma lived in a small, quiet, gated street in the outer corner of New York. I could tell from the looks of the surrounding homes it was probably expensive living here.

As we entered she told me I could go get cozy up in her bed and turn on whatever movie I wanted. Of course I turned on my favorite Barbie movie, (Barbie as the Princess and the Pauper) and cozied myself up in her blankets. She brought in a tub ice cream that was already half eaten, two spoons, our not even half finished McDonald's coffee, face masks, and nail polish. "Now let's get this night started shall we!"

_________

Authors note!
GULP!
word count - 1161 <3