014. Let You Back In?

Song of the chapter : my tears ricochet - Taylor Swift

A bittersweet silence filled the air,  I couldn't move. I just stood there and stared at him, and he did the same. My breathing started to pick up after just a few seconds. Why was the man who I was FINALLY starting to get out of my head, standing at my front doorstep. The man who fully broke my heart in two not so long ago. I sighed and rolled my eyes. This was not the time. Not only was I tired, but I also had work in the morning and was NOT up for whatever drama he was about to bring to me.

"What do you want?" I say bitterly, glaring a dramatically disgusted look at him. Just seeing him standing there filled me with rage and regret of all the time I'd spent with him that he so carelessly threw away.

He doesn't respond. He just continues to stare at me as if all the words he was planning on saying before he got here, completely disintegrated.

I take a more intense look at him and soon come to the conclusion that either he ran here or he just took a shower because his hair is a little damp. From his quick breathing I'd assume the first option is more plausible.

The silence was getting too much for me to handle, so I began to close the door. "Wait!" He said quickly, his voice cracking in return. I saw a flicker of something in his in his eyes, a small hint of sadness that mirrored my own for only a short moment. "I wanna talk." He softly said.

"Then talk." I stared him head on, letting him know that I'm not weak. I've built my walls back up and I won't let him hurt me or see me cry again. Right?

He walked closer to the door. "I'm sorry," he spoke, voice barely above a whisper. "I made a mistake." he responds his voice shaking.

I scoff, now he wants to apologize? After I've begged him for almost a full month to talk to me again?

"Fuck you, Callum," I groan.

What am I doing?! This is the same man I've tried so hard to desperately leave behind. To stay a ghost in my past. And now I was the one who had all the power.

"I don't have time for this," I say scoffing yet again.

I fully shut the door. Still shaken up, as feeling of emptiness washed over me. I didn't leave the from the door, instead I just looked through the peephole. And to my surprise he hadn't left either. I could still make out the silhouette of him standing under the dim lights. He was still standing in the same spot.

"Els, I know you're still there." "Please just open the door." He spoke up after a short while. God why did I have to be an empath? This man hurt me, and he denied me every-time I wanted to make things right. And now he's outside my door wanting to do the thing that I've been trying to do for forever. He wants to do the right thing now that I'm FINALLY trying to move on?!

I stand at the door. Utterly torn on what I should do. I don't know whether I should just go back to bed or stand here all night. I mean even if I did go back to my room now, I know I wouldn't be able to sleep too well.

"I love you Elsie." I heard him say as I watched him turn around through the peephole. I widened my eyes in shock. What?!

I hurriedly opened my door, catching him before he could leave. I didn't want him to leave again. Not after saying that.

"What'd you just say?" I call out staring out into the apartment hallway. I watch as he turns around and slowly looks up, until his gaze meets mines. "Why are you doing this now Callum? Why now after everything?" I ask feeling a wave of sadness form over me. "Why now after I've spent so long trying to get you back?" I squeezed my hand into a small fist trying to fight back my tears.

He makes his way back to me, once again standing in front of my door. "Please just let me back in Elsie." That throws me for a loop. What exactly does he mean by "Let him back in." Let him back into my life?! Or let him back into my apartment?? Or both?? Gosh why is he so cryptic this isn't the time.

"Not until you answer me Callum." I say standing my ground. Obviously trying to make him talk in a calm way wasn't working and I was beginning to get frustrated. "You wanna talk?" "Let's talk about how you've been getting all cozy with another girl, while ignoring me." "Those paparazzi pictures of you two kissing? Yea that was a real surprise." "Why don't you fucking talk about that?" "Speaking of her, where is your little girlfriend?" I ask remembering she was the main reason our relationship ended. I didn't even realize how fast I was talking until I stopped to catch my breath.

"I'm not dating her." He replies hastily yet sternly.

I look up confused. "Oh so that's the reason you're here" I say laughing "Because she broke up with you and now you're back here because it's all a game to you isn't i-"

"I broke up with her."

"What?" I ask confused.

"She didn't break up with me. I broke up with her." He replies keeping his saddened eyes on me.

"Why?"

"Because she's not you."

"What?" I ask. "What do you mean?"

"I thought you cheated Els, that's why I stopped talking to you. She showed me all these pictures that were surfacing the internet, she made up lies saying she saw you kissing guys outside of our room on the wedding night and so much other shit and it broke me. It actually made me sick to my stomach. She made it seem like i was just a quick way to free fame for you. I don't know why I believed her Els, I'm so sorry." He said slowly crying. "I've never felt the feelings I've felt for you with anyone else, ever, not even her." "I think about those moments I spent with you every second of every day, how you were literally the highlight of my life, and I miss that so fucking bad." He said, taking a deep breath after it was all out.

"But what about the pictures I saw of you and her? You looked so happy. Happier than I've ever made you. It seemed so real." I said feeling my heartbeat jolt.

"It's my job to act Els, it's all in the name actor."

"So how do I know you're not acting right now?" I ask staring into his eyes, those beautiful blue eyes that I hadn't realized I missed so much.

"Because of this," he grabs my waist and pulls me into a slow gentle kiss. It's the best thing I've felt in a while and I grab the top of his shirt pulling him down onto me to deepen it. A small signal to let him know it's ok.

"I missed you so much Els," he speaks into the kiss. "I missed you so much Cal," I respond pulling him into my apartment, still careful not the break our rhythmic kiss.

I'm letting him back in.

_________
Authors Note!

HOW WE FEELING HOW WE FEELING 🗣️🗣️🗣️

word count - 1277 <3