013. Fresh Start

Song of this chapter : Bejeweled — Taylor Swift

It's been a week since the world as I knew it came crashing down around me. A week since I stood in the bathroom of the bookshop, tears streaming down my cheeks, as the reality of Callum and Dua washed over me like a tidal wave. But in that time, I'd began to pick myself up from the wreckage. It was time to start my self healing journey.

Everyday I spent time reading, posting book reviews, doing self care, spending time with my cat pepper, and as of now my new favorite task, which was redecorating my apartment. I'd bought new fresh plants, and different furniture that I liked more than the rustic furniture that was already in the apartment when I came. I also went out thrifting and picked up a few more cute nicknacks to place around, which really made it feel like a home.

I reclaimed a sense of control over my life that no longer revolved around Callum. Something I thought at first wouldn't be possible. But here I am, building my new bed-frame on the phone with Emma, instead of crying over the past like I'd usually be doing right about now.

"I swear if she doesn't just make up her mind on who she wants, oh my fucking Goddd," Emma whined, taking another spoonful of the soup she was eating. I'd recently told her to watch, the summer I turned pretty, and she's been complaining about the love triangle ever since. My laughter was cut short when I realized that part of the bed-frame I was building didn't have its implied screw.

"Omg Emma I think I'm missing one of the screws for the bed!" I gasp, looking around the floor frantically. "Just tape it!!" She laughed. I gave her a quick side eye through the phone which caused her to laugh even more. "Just try and find some gorilla glue." She added on. "Emma why the fuck would I have gorilla glue just lying around? Do I look like one of the dads at Home Depot to you?!" I laugh.

I saw something silver poking out from the edge of my rug before immediately grabbing it. "Oh thank fuck," I sighed relievedly before holding it up, "I found it!"

I heard a short notification come from Emma's phone, and then she said she had to go.

"Shit, Els I'm gonna have to call you back my manager just texted me saying it's important," she said frustratedly. I blew her a quick kiss goodbye, to which she catches through the phone, before hanging up.

I continued assembling my bed-frame for the rest of the time being. Which in fact really boosted up my Ego.

As the sun began to set, I decided I'd take a rather long bubble bath. It would be a little treat for all my hard work. And I poured a little glass of some of the expensive champagne that Emma had bought for me 2 days ago.

This was the most relaxed and grounded I have felt in a very, very, long time.

-

After my bath, I slipped into a cute little matching pajama set and decided I'd do a little photo dump on Instagram. Most of Callums followers have been less interactive on my posts which I think is a sign of new beginnings.

_______

Instagram