Ten: "𝙄 𝙘𝙖𝙣'𝙩."

"Behind every beautiful thing, there's some kind of pain."

- Bob Dylan

Fire.

That's what it feels like in my body as I limp towards the bathroom. I take off my blood-soaked shirt and pants while holding onto the sink for support. I have to hold onto the walls to make it into the shower.

A blood curdling scream echoes in the house, it takes me time to realize that it's mine. The hot shower stings each wound of flesh. Particularly my shoulder.

I should've paid the land lord extra to let me have cold water in the mornings. I scrub everywhere but the wound and get rid of the murky dirt and trauma.

I put my iPod nano on shuffle, something I bought at a garage sale. It doesn't really help when 'I miss you' by Blink-182 starts playing.

Stupid iPod.

After changing into a very oversized shirt that comes below my knees, I put on some knee high socks after bandaging my shoulder to my best effort.

How does one even do that themselves?

Maybe they have a YouTube tutorial on it. Too bad I don't have WI-FI. I only use the cafés computer to sync songs into my iPod. Shay tells me I need Instagram. It sounds mentally harmful.

After about thirty minutes of scrubbing the kitchen floor and washing my bloody sheets and clothes while simultaneously trying not to cry, I look at the time on the clock.

7:00 A.M.

Dalaric's here.

I force myself not to get up , put some pants on and run into his arms. I think I would even go as far as to skip the pants part. That's how much I want to be near him.

It's only when I peek out the small window in the kitchen do I let my eyes water.

I'm so selfish.

There he is, leaning against his car with his arms crossed, in all black. He's wearing a black turtle neck under a leather jacket along with black cargo pants. He looks good enough to eat along with his cornrows. It hurts when you desire someone you can see but can't touch.

I want to hug him.
I want to boop his nose.
I want to touch his hands.

But I can't.

I look around the streets below and my eyes widen as a smirking Joshua stands at the far end of the street, next to a red Ferrari. He winks at me and I retreat back into the house and sit on the now cleaned floor.