Twenty-Five: "𝙏𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚 𝙒𝙤𝙧𝙙𝙨, 𝙑𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙀𝙖𝙨𝙮."

"Maybe you don't need the whole world to love you. You know? Maybe you just need one person."

- Kermit the Frog

The bar is loud as we enter, both my hands clutching one of Dalaric's

The bar is loud as we enter, both my hands clutching one of Dalaric's. Some eyes linger on us, mainly me next to him. My attempt at hiding behind Dalaric's much taller and larger form is futile when he pulls me right in front of him.

We stop in front of a pool table that's and surrounded by a group of boys- or men- and I freeze.

Their gazes cold and calculating. I'm meeting his family. People that matter to him, and now to me. What if-

I don't have any more time to doubt myself before Dalaric gives me a subtle push towards the front of the table. I accidentally touch one of the pool balls and try and place it back but it's too late, since everyone's eyes are already on me. Great going, Maya.

The first person I notice is a tall man, looking about the same age as Dalaric with a slightly lighter skin tone of light brown. His hair is styled in really cool shiny waves and he has an angry face- both eye brows naturally arched. Like an angry bird. It looks like he's a mix of something but I can't put my finger on it.

The other boy is the odd one out with his pale skin and shaved head. He looks scary with a scar that drags from the edge of his mouth to his left brown eye, adding to his terrifying aura.

He has a pink bracelet on his wrist that mismatches the bruised fists and dark grey tracksuit.

Next to him stands the shortest boy of the group- probably around 5'10. He has a scrutinizing look in his eyes but has soft features, reminding me of Rafael's goofiness. I don't think he likes me.

I also don't realize that I haven't spoken until the angry bird speaks up.

"Who the hell are you?" My gaze immediately shifts to my side, where Dalaric is supposed to be and I almost pout when I see him at the drink bar along with Raf and Jan. They left me defenseless.

"I, uh, I'm Maya! Nice to meet you all. How do you do?" I play with my fingers as I shift awkwardly, hyper aware of the multiple scary gazes on my potato self.

"That's Ricky's name on there," The pale boy nods to the hoodie I'm wearing, and all the boys walk forward to inspect it.

Angry bird stands right in front of me, crossing his arms to probably intimidate me.

I'm in love with an assassin so that won't work with me, bud.

"Where'd you get this from?" Angry bird asks, Goofy boy coming to stand next to him and also crossing his arms.

"Um- I took it from our closet." I furrow my brows when he gets angrier, stepping closer to my face.

I hope my lip gloss isn't smudged since I had to keep reapplying it because of a certain caveman.