Chapter Three: Island Exam

[august 1st]

After sensei announced our "cruise ship vacation", I started thinking about it (more like planning), I had several doubts that they'd give us a vacation on a cruise none the less, in such a short timespan as it had only been one month.

When we went on the cruise ship it took just a few minutes till a small island could be seen in the distance, that was probably where this "vacation" will actually take place, i narrowed down some possibilities for this exam:

1: the school will leave us on the island to fend off against the other classes.

2:the school will test us on our cooperation and strategising, most likely an exam you could only win with teamwork and great leadership.

It was probably a combination of both, although most would share this theory with their classmates, I decided against it, since I doubt anyone would trust me and I'd just look like I'm crazy.

So I just enjoyed my time on the cruise, I saw some familiar faces like poker face for example, who I suspect could be a challenge but it's unlikely.

I just ignored everyone and spent my time alone as usual, what can I say, I just like the silence.

After a while we got even closer to the island, I've also noticed that the cruise is starting to circle the island, most likely a hint as to get the students to observe the island for some reason.

I used this opportunity as it was pretty much gifted to us by the school, to scope out the island and its locations,you can faintly spot a few locations with a machine which looks like it has a card swiper of some sort, most likely something for leaders of each classes.

"May I have the attention of everyone here"

Seems like mashima sensei is gonna announce the exam to the classes now.

After everyone started listening he continued "I'd like to announce the 1st special exam for the first years"

"Oh come on..." "aren't we on vacation?" "A special exam this early?"

Many students from all classes were complaining about not getting an actual vacation.

Such children.

"I'll now explain how the exam works and its rules"

Sensei explained everything just as I had expected, apparently we have 300 exam points which the remaining ones will convert to class points.

Right now the class ranking are:

Class A:940
Class B:670
Class C:490
Class D:0

Realistically this exam would be a huge game changer for all of the classes,I don't think you can get negative points in this exam so you can only earn class points here, it's a win win for everyone.

(Timeskip till the start of the exam)

"I'd like to be the one who'll lead this exam, does anyone have a problem with that?" Katsuragi started, most of the students agreed since sakayanagi isn't here due to a health issue, how weak.

"I have a problem katsuragi, what'll happen if we lost? All the blame will be on you, you know?" Hashimoto, one of sakayanagi's followers said.

I honestly don't really care who leads this exam, if anything bad happens to our class I'll just find a loophole around it and fix their shitty mistakes.

"I can handle whatever the other classes will throw at us, we won't lose, and don't you dare try and betray the class just so sakayanagi's influence can grow"

It seems katsuragi found out about Hashimoto's plan as hashimoto had a sweat trickle down his forehead.

"H-hey hey, cmon you know I would never do that" the snake was most likely gonna do it either way, I'll just fix whatever he messes with.

I had already gotten tired of this bickering and I wanted to start the exam already and get it over with.

"Oi katsuragi, hashimoto, quit ur bickering and start with the exam already, choose a leader who's actually decent as well" even if they didn't choose a good leader, I found out we could change the leader if we had a viable reason, I'm pretty sure retiring due to injuries would be a good reason.

In the end, I'll be the one on top.

No matter the cost, it's never a challenge.