Chapter 4 - One week later...

Indentured life was much easier than she thought it was. Besides the horrific first night. Things were much better with Julien. She was relieved to see he was happy in the morning. She was let out of her cage; servants began cleaning it. Another servant gave her a new set of clothes. These weren't exactly better than the day before. What was she, just a plaything for the master to tout her around?

That's exactly what she was. The week consisted of being paraded across the city at local parties. All at different mansions. He didn't want Eve anywhere too far away from him. Thus, she had a collar around her neck and leash when out in public. This was taken off at home but around the world, her and other indentured like here were paraded around this way.

She quickly learned she was not unique. There were others from other planes from across the multiverse. She met one, this one had pinkish skin, dark pink hair and black horns that swept to the back gracefully. These were apparently common species amongst those involved. "Fire born" was the most common word. Eve couldn't help but stare at her beauty.

It was quite unfortunate they were never allowed to talk to each other. Eve grew the courage and asked on day four of her servitude if she was allowed to converse with the other indentured. This didn't earn his wrath as she thought. No, instead he appeared sympathetic to her plight. "I wish. Perhaps I can find a playmate for you."

It was then that Eve offered up the description of the horned one.

"Ah. The devil princess. 'Fire Born' are rare in these parts. Her rare coloring is quite beautiful, isn't it? What would you do to earn the favor of her owner?"

Eve really thought on it. She let the silence fill the room then.

Eventually Julien sighed. "That indentured's owner is Sire Gwendolyn. She is in rare position. Her indentured is fertile to both sexes. And unlike Gwendolyn's husband, she isn't barren either."

"What does that mean master?"

"Oh? Oh, yes. Her indentured." He grinned. "'Fire Borns' can choose what sexual organ they want. They are intersex creatures. It benefits their species to be able to perform both duties. At least...that's what they say. They are rare in this part of the Ventril Empire."

"And that would be, master?"

"The southern part. If you earn my trust. One day, I will show you a map of the entire empire. It is a glorious empire."

"And...Master Gwendolyn?"

"Oh!" Julien grinned. "I will talk to her. Tell her you want a playdate partner. She is one of the nicer owners out there. Remember how lucky you are."

"Yes master."

A couple days past. These were filled with strange rich people events. He stood for hours for a nude painting of himself. Then stood in a different pose, completely dress for hours. Another day they spent all day in his office. He studied and wrote various scrolls in the corner office the whole day. Eve was able to explore the room in more detail. Julien gave her permission to mule around the room. She even got out onto both balconies. It was a beautiful view of the city on both ends. She looked down.

"I wouldn't try it." He had said on her sixth day. "We have magic that can revive you, if we're fast enough. And then you're for even worse fate than torture."

Eve dared not asked what he meant as he strolled back into his office space. She instead looked out at the city. Seeing if she could make heads or tales of the city and their streets. There were a hum of people. The poor were apparently rare in these parts. She watched someone in less than extravagant gown get arrested for being hobos. It was cleared up quickly that they were just in their robes and got chased out of their home by someone.

Eve watched them round the corner before going out of sight. She wished there was a chair out here. Maybe she could at least bathe in the sun. Perhaps get a tan for once in her life... Who was she kidding, she'd be baked in the sun. Sunburns for days after even attempting she bet.

The seventh day marked her first week held captive. All that morning of the seventh day she was being dragged around town. Finding the best clothes for the lady of the house. A shopping spree that became dreadfully boring. Eve realized how boring it was without being involved at all with the bitch of a woman.

"Eww. You're bringing your indentured to this party? Aren't we better than this?"

Julien laughed. "Oh, it's to set up playdates for her. Gwen is going to be there."

"And you want this... beast to represent our esteemed house? Are you fucking joking me Julien?"

"Please. She understands you. Go stand over there indentured." Julien pointed to the far corner of the store. There was seating. She sat alone as a kid and his mother got up, disgusted by Eve.

"What's wrong with her mommy?" The kid asked, looking back at a waving Eve. "She seems nice."

"They're sexual deviants. The lot of them."

"What about daddy's?" Eve heard the kid asked before being dragged out of the store.

Eve smirked at the thought of it all. She was really fucking alone in all this wasn't she? A fully populated city...perfectly fine with the indentured system. Or...was it different beyond that line. Between the rich and the poor? Could she escape and seek shelter deeper in the city?

As her mind wandered, she let the argument between Julien and Lady Evelyn escalate until the owner of the store requested them to leave. Eve stood and fell into next to Julien. He grabbed her leash and kept her close. He lightly stroked her back as they walked. It was almost soothing. But it also sent chills up her spine.

Was she lucky? To have a nice owner? Or...or was she already losing herself to this world?

No.

She had to escape. She didn't know when or how. But she had to.

They eventually found the perfect navy-blue dress for Lady Evelyn. To Eve's surprise, she was measured by someone, and she was provided a meager dress. It was barely better than being in just her bra and panties.

"Master?" Eve looked at herself in the mirror.

"Hmm?" He said, he was smiling, almost with pride it appeared.

"Why must I show so much skin, master?"

"Because you're filth. You're a whore." Lady Evelyn spat.

"Evelyn." Julien said with an even tone. "This little black dress is perfect. Let's not spend too much time on her, okay? This evening can be more. Sire Reginald will be there."

Lady Evelyn lit up. "Oh, can I Julien?"

"If he is willing, do what you like with the man."

Lady Evelyn hugged him tight and kissed him passionately. "This is an amazing gift."

They hurried to the venue. Out the store and straight to another mansion in town. This one somehow even more grand than her own master's. This one was eight stories tall. It was massive and screamed of gothic inspired architecture. Lady Evelyn ran ahead of them and pushed her way through the security gate. She was given leeway for being Julien's wife.

Just how powerful was Julien? Eve asked herself.

They were soon entering themselves. Waiting patiently there turn until they were let in. The bouncer at the door touched Eve's ass. In a quick movement, Julien had the bouncer pinned against the wall.

"What did you just do?"

"She's a slut. So what?"

"Never touch my indentured." Julien pushed a bony finger into his head. From that spot his skin blackened then turned to dust in a matter of seconds.

The other bouncers stood in horror with Eve. What the hell had he just done? He...dusted an entire person in a second. For...for me?