22

Amerie, Missy, Harper, and I walk onto the field for practice. The CUMLORDS are in the far corner digging in some garden it looks like.

Voss in lording over them. "Whatever it is that's bothering you, that's too painful or too difficult or scary to say out loud, write it down because today, lads, is all about burying our feelings!" Voss shouts.

"Burying their feelings," Amerie says. "They're literally burying their feelings."

The four of us sit down to stretch. Amerie is telling us about her Malakai drama.

"So what did he say exactly?" Harper asks.

"We don't need labels," Amerie tells us.

"What does that even mean?" Harper asks.

"That doesn't make sense," I state.

Amerie nods her head. "I don't even know. Oral, but no hand-holding? There's definitely something up with him. I just can't figure out what."

"Maybe he's just got some personal shit going on," Missy offers.

"Like what?" Amerie asks.

"Jesus, Amerie. I don't know. You think I've got hive mind or something?" Missy remarks.

"It's giving situationship," I offer.

"You know what they say. Eight out of ten situationships end badly," Harper states.

"The other two?" Amerie asks hopefully.

"End horrifically," Harper tells her.

"I think I just need to ride out whatever this is until he realizes he wants to be with me," Amerie states.

"The CUMLORDS are done doing whatever it is they do in their little circle jerks.

Amerie stands up and waves. "Oi, Malakai!"

"Be chill, Am," Harper tells her.

"Come on, Amerie," I remark.

Malakai walks over towards us.

"Hey, that looked like fun. You having fun?" Amerie asks. She squeals as she hugs Malakai.

"Yep. Uh, Yep," Malakai says.

Amerie starts to wiggle/shake Malakai as they hug. Truly its weird to look at. I can't imagine Malakai is having too much fun with it.

" Ew," Missy remarks.

"Ugh," Harper says.

"It's just painful to look at," I state.

"Heaps of fun," Malakai says. "I've actually... I... I've gotta go, so."

"Oh, right. Um, see you later then," Amerie tells him.

"Yeah," Malakai says.

"Casually, or not. Either way," Amerie tells him.

"Was that a, um... A body shake?" Harper asks.

Amerie nods her head. "Hmm."

"Hmm," Harper grunts.

"Okay. Well, forget about him and just focus on the election. Yeah?" Harper offers.

Zoe is the one who does the morning announcements. "Morning, Hartley High. Welcome to another day in paradise. I'm Zoe Clark with your election poll update. To no surprise, Amerie Wadia and her whοre party are trailing in the polls. Spencer White and the C-Lords party are sitting comfortably in the middle, and Sasha So and her QSM-whatever it is party lead by a healthy margin. This three-way race is anything but tight, but anything could change after today's fundraising competition. You stay deadly, Hartley High."